[facebook] Runs not showing up in news feed? (Read 1817 times)

morganiq

I've had the Facebook app enabled for several days now and have entered three runs since adding the app, but none of these "stories" are being posted to my Wall. (They're showing up in the sidebar box, but not in my news feed.) I have "Publish all my activities" selected in Preferences, and in my Facebook Application Settings, RunningAHEAD Training Log is listed under "Allowed to Post One-Line Stories without Prompting". Are these posts not showing up erroneously, or am I misinterpreting this feature? Thanks again for a great app and great site! Morgan
    eric :)

Morgan, You need to enable the stories by explicitly allowing it in the RA app's preference page. Give that a try. eric :-)
      morganiq

Eric, I do have stories enabled in the RA app's preferences page, as I mentioned: I have "Publish all my activities" selected. I went ahead and disabled it ("Do not publish my activities") and then re-enabled it, to see if that will make it stick. No change so far. Morgan
        eric :)

Morgan, Was it working before? If so, when did it stop working? It maybe something funky on FB's side (as in they're tinkering with stuff). I need to look into it. eric :-)
          morganiq

Eric, Nope — nothing has ever shown up on my wall yet from RA. The sidebar works as expected, but nothing has yet gone into my news feed. Feel free to let me know if there is any more specific information you need or tests you'd like me to do! Morgan

A Saucy Wench

yep, mine does the same.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The shirtless wonder

Same here. The posts aren't showing up on my news feed. My friends workouts show up inside the RA facebook app but no RA posts make it to the wall. I have the publishing option turned on and I also tried disabling and re-enabling it.
                  Same problem here.
                  ymmv

same here: no updates to my news feed. i changed it to 'just races', but no dice. on the up-side, my friends are probably grateful it does not interfere with their constant stream of 'my 5 whatever' and other stuff.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mine is working fine this morning.

Just Happy to Run

I have the same problem. Nothing to my wall/news feed. I had just figured it was for the RA tab....
                        Jason

2010 Goals
                        • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                        ymmv

just to entertain eric with theories... none of my workouts go to my news feed. i have 'Publish all my activities' selected. all of my workouts are created via garmin import. i import the file, click the diskette icon to edit the workout, add the rest of the info, then use the save button. it would not surprise me if the facebook app does not differentiate between a workout entered by editing and saving a garmin import, and a previously entered workout that you later edit. i would expect that 'updating' a previous workout would not cause a push to the facebook app. anyway, that's my theory.
                            Same here, but i have entered runs on both FB and on RA, and neither show up on the wall. In addition, the profile box stopped updating about a week ago. If i go into the RA preferences in FB and save them, then the box updates. Hope this helps.
                              I am seeing the same thing. Most of my runs are Garmin imports, but not all (I don't think).

"I aim to misbehave."

morganiq

FYI, none of my runs are Garmin imports, and none of them have been entered via the FB app — all have been entered on RA. Also, I haven't seen the sidebar not update: every time I've seen it it has been up-to-date, including today for last night's entry. No change regarding the news feed. Morgan