What do you think?? (Read 764 times)

at least I finished

I'm wondering what some of you think. I've started back running and looked at all kinds of shoes on the internet and somehow came up with a decision of Saconey Shadow 6000. I really like them but their an older shoe and I'm being led to believe that this is now just a walking shoe. Should I be looking at some of the laest styles or do you think I can stay with the shadow 6000? Thanks!

jfa

Correct shoes are vital for good running and preventing injuries. All other gadgets are just fluff. You don't have to have the most expensive top of the line running shoes, but you need the correct style for your feet and stride. Try to find a running store that will take the time to find out what's best for you. Do a search on "shoes" on this site and I'm sure there's all the info you'll need. Good Luck !!

I just looked online and according to your profile, Portland is about 45 miles from where you live. Maine Running Co has a store there and it looks like that would be a great place to check into as they will look at your foot and stride and fit you into the right shoe. In my experience, most of those places will point you to the top of the line, etc. I had to sit around and do my own research after I found out I was an over-pronator (in addition to the fact that I knew I had horribly flat feet...) I then found a better shoe for about 60 bucks less somewhere else. Nonetheless, don't rule out a specialty running store as most of them are great people who know what they're talking about.

Flat footer

If you're ever near Portsmouth NH check out Runners Alley. They will set you up with the right type of shoe. http://www.runnersalley.com/
          Buzz-

I'm wondering what some of you think. I've started back running and [b]looked at all kinds of shoes on the internet[/b] and somehow came up with a decision of Saconey Shadow 6000.
            The internet is a good place to do research, but there is no substitute for actually trying on several pairs of shoes and finding the ones that feel the best. There are considerable variations in fit and sizing among different models and brands The advice you get and opprotunity to try out different brands and models is really worth the extra $20 or so you'll pay for that first pair of shoes. Run in those for awhile. Once you determine that they do work for you, keep an eye out for sales on that model.