Mooseman international TRI (Read 489 times)

Gotta TRI

Well, TRI #2 down! This was an olympic or international distance-;.93mile swim, 27.25 mile bike and 6.2mile run. Got to the course at about 5:30 am. Got set up in transition, had a pretty good spot right between the run out and bike out. It's been raining the last two days and was still pretty overcast this morning. The fog was real thick on the lake, to the point where you couldn't see past the first buoy. This also kept the water temp at a brisk 58-60 degrees. The fog als caused a delay in the start of the race and as an end result they opted to shorten the swim to 2/3rds of a mile. My swim this week went much better than last weeks tri, and I pulled it off with about a 21 minute time. I had a small delay in T1 when the wetsuit strippers had difficulty removing my suit. Haven't seen the splits yet. Totally rocked the bike course!! I finished that in 1:29. Dropped my bike (literally ) in T2, and took off on the run. Ok, 1. took off a little too fast for the distance. 2. Wore new shoes that I just purchsed yesterday ( Yes, I know Blush) 3. This is about the time of day when temps. rose to approx: 95 degrees. Evil grin 4. Right knee started aching. End result? Blisters on both feet ( again, yes, I know.) and had to walk most of the hills. Ended run in 56 minutes, for a total race time of 2:54:04. Overall, very happy as this is only 2nd ever Tri and 5th ever event of any kind. Next scheduled event, 70.3 half ironman in August that I'm seriously considering re- thinking Big grin
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
      Keep triing Andy, you're doing a helluva job.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

TRIing to beat the heat!

Way to go Andy! I love reading post-race reports... especially when they have a tri component to them. Wink Keep up the awesome work!!!!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL