Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Today my 13 year old son ran his first half, won his AG with 2 hours on the mark. I set my PR and marked 1 goal off the list for the year!

Congrats to both of you.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sickle cell 7k -Goal for the year 1st in AG. Sprained knee Feb 28( trail marathon 2 AG). New goal. Be able to not finish last in AG.

7k 34:41 3 AG( Last yr 33:31). One  8 minute mile going down hill  since injury.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Did wk 4 of C25K today,and ran 5 minutes straight for the first time in 20 years!

Didn't die!

Big grin

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

Sickle cell 7k -Goal for the year 1st in AG. Sprained knee Feb 28( trail marathon 2 AG). New goal. Be able to not finish last in AG.

7k 34:41 3 AG( Last yr 33:31). One  8 minute mile going down hill  since injury.

Congrats~  you sound like you're healing up, and I bet you weren't last!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Did wk 4 of C25K today,and ran 5 minutes straight for the first time in 20 years!

Didn't die!

Big grin

Good stuff!

Today's victory was simply getting out the door and finishing a run. I"ve had a cold for a week that is just sapping my energy and now starting ot make me cough a bit. It was not a fun run. This cold needs to go now!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Didn't die!

Big grin

You got this!  Today it's 5 minutes...then it will be 10, 15, 20, and beyond. Smile

Not my victory, but my 10 year old son's.  He pedaled along on the back of our tandem for 34 miles, today--his longest ride ever.  He didn't complain even once and when we finished he said he wasn't even too tired.  Tomorrow we plan to ride 30 miles (on pavement and gravel roads), which will give him >100 miles in 6 days time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I ran 50 miles today and only fell once.

Rookie Runner

PR of 32:28 in a 5K today.  Second race, 4th 5K counting training runs.  Also, my first race with heavy traffic.  Over 2500 runners.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Not my victory, but my 10 year old son's.  He pedaled along on the back of our tandem for 34 miles, today--his longest ride ever.  He didn't complain even once and when we finished he said he wasn't even too tired.  Tomorrow we plan to ride 30 miles (on pavement and gravel roads), which will give him >100 miles in 6 days time.

Congrats! 100 miles. Sounds like my year.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Maggie & Molly

Didn't die!

Big grin

nice!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Didn't die!

Big grin

It's very cool to hear reports like these.  Congratulations!

It's also cool to hear SRL's reports, but we take him for granted. Smile

love these, keep them coming!

Didn't die!

Big grin

There's still hope.

Started running the treadmill this january. I ran my first 5k earlier this month in Waukesha WI ( http://www.runthetrailbreaker.com/index.html Wink

and finished 4th in my class.....male 50-54 with a time of 29:18.

So why am I posting on this thread today????

In the mail I just recieved a certificate for THIRD PLACE!!!!

Seems a finisher in my group placed in the overall run, and his good fortune became my good fortune!

Thanks for letting me do this victory dance on your forum!

Steve

Ran my first double digit (11.07 mile) run post injury today!  Damn I feel good!

And I'm celebrating by drinking a glass, or 5, of Petite Syrah! 

I am crazy jealous right now.  I felt like a super star breaking 3 miles earlier this week for the first time in about 15 months.  I can't wait to get back into doubles.

And who am I anyway?
                                Just another fat jogger, evidently.