1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

What the hell did I get myself into?

You don't have to wear the kilt.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I bet he spent lots of time at Wellesley.

"Yeah!  Feeling good at the 1/2, Now's the time we separate the men from the boys. Lets pick up the pace and run this next 5K at 20minutes, should be able to shake some of these losers around me."  DingDong! 

Please don't let that be me this year.

You don't have to wear the kilt.

I was more worried about the crocs.

heheh. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

HermosaBoy

Anyone have a guesstimate on how much time to allot for the expo, this is my first big marathon and I would like to have the time to get my bib and wander around it and see what there is to see.  My wife and I am going to drive up Saturday, but because of dropping off the children with grandparents and driving distance we probably would not make the expo until about 4:00 (it is only open until 6:00).  Is 1.5-2 hours enough time for a first timer to do the expo, or should I just not bother Saturday, and go just Sunday when there would be more time?  Thanks for any help.

Plenty of time!  A lot of the booths, you will bypass quickly.  Some you will spend some time in.

If you run out of time -- go back Sunday....

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hail to The Victors!

Ye gods. 17 days already?  Where did the time go? 

shonan marathon, girl

flying to the usa next week.  will arrive in boston on saturday, apr 17th.  looking forward to enjoying everything about the race!  i just want to have fun.

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

Marquess of Utopia

Ye gods. 17 days already?  Where did the time go? 

I blame it on the Large Hadron Collider

The King of Beasts

As someone who is not doing Boston, this thread is funny to me.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

mikeymike

As someone who is not doing Boston, this thread is funny to me.

+1!

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

My exact words to myself every time I line up for a marathon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I really just wanted the jacket and the 26.2 sticker for my car.

mikeymike

You know you can just buy those, right?

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

You know you can just buy those, right?

Yeah, but its like the college sweatshirt.   Right now I am wearing a sweatshirt that says Harvard on it.  It was a present from a friend.  I have never been to Harvard.  I've never even been to Boston.  But it is a really comfortable sweatshirt so I wear it pretty often.  The number of casual acquaintances who have seen me wear this sweatshirt around town and think I went to Harvard is kind of pathetic.  Somehow I dont get the same reaction when I wear my Indiana University sweatshirt (I didn't go there either) or my UT(exas) sweatshirt (ok, its really ridiculous how many people on both sides of my family chose college gear as presents during the 90's.)  Actually, what the hell happened to my UT shirt?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7