1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

You know you can just buy those, right?

Damnit. So I volunteered to staff the expo for nothing?

As someone who is not doing Boston, this thread is funny to me.

Not doing Boston either, but I'm enjoying changing the number here every few days.

Come on, people if you need to, plenty of hay to be made (up) in 17 days!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Suppose I start training for this now. How many 20 milers can I fit in?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The King of Beasts

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Suppose I start training for this now. How many 20 milers can I fit in?

I'd say 2 but since you only ran 19.74 on March 28th,  you need 3.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, how many can *I* fit in, now how many can *you* fit in.

I'd say 2 but since you only ran 19.74 on March 28th,  you need 3.

That was so sad -- almost a long run, but not quite, so just junk miles. Saddest run ever.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

No, how many can *I* fit in, now how many can *you* fit in.

That was so sad -- almost a long run, but not quite, so just junk miles. Saddest run ever.

That's what happens when you rely on Garmin to get your 20 miles, nothing but Junk miles.  

Are we there yet?

Last long run today.. I can't wait for the electric atmosphere as I am a virgin!

This is why we do it.. when people shake their heads and question the why in the insanity of long distance running it becomes apparent as I start to get those tingly feelings before a race.. thoughts of Boylston and Boston alike. C'mon folks.. can ya feel it??

kcam

I'm getting a littlle pumped - to me there's nothing in running quite like that feeling you get when you make that left-hander onto Boyleston from Hereford.  Three and a half blocks left and it feels like you're floating on air as you approach the finish.

Right on Hereford...

Lunaracer 2 arrived an hour ago. These things are soooo light! Will get a few runs in them over the next two weeks, and then they'll be ready for the big show.

I just realized we have 14 more days only!!

I'm getting a littlle pumped - to me there's nothing in running quite like that feeling you get when you make that left-hander onto Boyleston from Hereford.  Three and a half blocks left and it feels like you're floating on air as you approach the finish.

Last long run today.. I can't wait for the electric atmosphere as I am a virgin!

This is why we do it.. when people shake their heads and question the why in the insanity of long distance running it becomes apparent as I start to get those tingly feelings before a race.. thoughts of Boylston and Boston alike. C'mon folks.. can ya feel it??

Oh yeah - first time running Boston is a terrific experience. Don't forget to run down the right side of the road as you pass Wellesley!

Its gotta be da shoes!!! You think those are light, you should feel the Lunaracer 1's.... Yours are purdier though...

Lunaracer 2 arrived an hour ago. These things are soooo light! Will get a few runs in them over the next two weeks, and then they'll be ready for the big show.

Are we there yet?

Oh yeah - first time running Boston is a terrific experience. Don't forget to run down the right side of the road as you pass Wellesley!

Heheh, look how much Dire Tune cares:

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus