1000Km-621 mile club

March 9th Weekly Check-In (Read 247 times)

How did everyone do this week? We had rain and cold, then warm then cold again and ending in a very nice weekend. Springs coming and from the looks of it here there will be more warms days this week then cold. I talked to one of my friends in Columbus over the weekend, and she received 20.5 inches of snow. No warm weather for her. Mon - 2.05 Ran in cold and rain..STUPID! Tues - 0 Was still chilled from the before Wed - 3.07 Not bad Thurs - 2.62 Nice....threw in some speed bursts Fri - 9 Forgot my locker key; can't ran without running shoes Sad Sat - 3.5 Run with friend - she always pushes me Sun. 6 Nice easy run....shorts and T-shirt....58 degress...NICe Weekly total - 17.2 Wingz, how is your knee? Improved? Feeling better? Kelli, no sweat...you'll catch that wabbit! 10 months is a long time. I tried to catch the 1,000 mile bunny last year and injuried my ankle. This year my goal it to take care of my ankle and put the fun back into running. Hence not pressuring myself to chase that 1,000 mile bunny but to trounce this one. Roll eyes nonoruns and Hiker - What races are you gals getting ready for? Teresa, you're cooking, girl! Anne, feeling better? Looks like you are running again. Natalie, so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well on top of an injury. Sad Hope to hear you are feeling good soon. See ya'll later. Smile Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I had a decent week: Mon - 4.27 Wed - 7.13 Sun - 5.1 Total - 16.5 Sundays run was supposed to be on Saturday but got postponed due to weather. Heavy winds knocked the power out so there were no street lights. Bill
        This is my first time posting my weekly check in. I had a great week for me. Smile For now I do all my runs on the treadmill, icy covered sidewalks aren't my thing. Wink Mon - 3 miles Tue - no run Wed - 4.5 miles Thur - bowling no run Fri - I thought I ran but apparently I didn't looking back at my schedule. lol Sat - 5 miles Sun - 3.1 miles before I went to the Wild game Smile Total 15.6 good week for me!
        ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.

Renee the dog

Hi! Met all my plan this week with one day missed and then smushed towards the weekend...but I kinda like running Fri/Sat/Sun, so I am not complaining! Did 4 on Tues, 4.5 on Fri, 7 on Sat. and another 4 last night. Time2Run, I'm getting ready for the Ocean Drive 10 M on March 30. It starts at the point of the coast in Cape May, NJ and runs right up to the next island (where I live) and ends at the end of our boardwalk. I am so looking forward to having the last 3 mi of a race be on my home turf. Never had that happen before. We'll run right by our street, so we'll likely have a decent cheering section too. I'm so excited, it's silly! It's pretty dead here this time of year, so it doesn't take much to amuse us. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I was aiming for 28 miles last week, but I got sick Saturday and couldn't run. So I ended up with 23.5. Sun - 3.2 Mon - 5.2 Tues - 4.1 Thurs - 8.0 Fri - 3.0 At least the 8-mile run was a distance PR for me! I managed 3.2 miles yesterday, but I'm still not at 100%. I'm trying to decide whether to hit the TM this afternoon. Have a good week, everyone! Teresa
              Teresa - Nice job. You'll be moving on to chase a different pace bunny if you keep this up. Gayle - I really trashed an ankle in November, just as my running was getting faster. It's been a long, tedious recovery since and I still have pain in the darn thing, but my running is getting better. I understand how it can really slow you down. Keep taking care of it! My week was pretty good, but I had to move my schedule all around to accommodate my work schedule: Tues - 3.2 mi Thurs - 3.8 mi Fri - 3.1 mi Sun - 3.3 mi 13.4 miles total Sat - biked 9.1 miles The goal this week is to add 5% to my running mileage and 10% to my cycling mileage.
              Have you got a flag?
              AnneCA

It must be spring -- that's a lot of good mileage! I got the shoes back on last week, and did okay: M 3.1 T off, work conflicts W 3.6 R gym/weight workout F 5.3 Missed my weekend run, because we were up in the mountains and it was family time -- although tromping up and down the sledding hill while carrying my 2-year old at 7000 feet must count for something, even if not to the bunny. Big grin My 4-year old took her first downhill lesson, and she was the picture of determination -- very inspiring. I've still never been on downhill skis myself (I'm an XC skier), but if she keeps this up, I might have to learn. NoNo -- How fun to have a race on your home turf! Teresa -- WTG on the 8 mile run!! I had a nice run this morning, definitely a promising start to the week. But it was dark!!! Darn DST.
                  Nice job, everybody! I had a rough week - Tuesday night I got a stomach bug so didn't run Tuesday or Wednesday, recovering, and Thursday my husband wasn't home. I made up for it by running 4 miles on Friday (longest previous run was 3.2 miles) but then Saturday went snowshoeing for a couple hours, and sledding up at Mt. Rainier. Sunday morning I woke up to a pulled muscle. Still a little painful today but much, MUCH better. This week I'll ramp it back up a bit (short 1.5-2 miles today, 4 miles tomorrow, 3 or 4 miles Wednesday and then slow it down a bit - first race ever on Sunday (3.5 mile St. Patrick's Day dash)!!!

Michelle

After being a off schedule after my wife gave birth to our daugther in late January I'm finally getting back to some sort of schedule. M - Off T - 2.8 easy, legs were heavy and tired so I cut my run short Th - 4.2 fartlek, had a great run with some good speed thrown in S - 3.2 easy, at the gym working out Su - 5.1 long, nice slow pace didn't want to tire my legs before my hockey game in the evening Total for the week - 15.3 miles This should be my low for awhile as I work toward 20+ mile weeks, but I'm still a ways back from the bunny.
                    obiebyke

Hey! I'm slooooowly making my way up the standings. This is my final week of C25K. Then one week before my first race, a 5k. After a rest week, I'll be starting one hour runner, eventually adding a 4th running day (then a 5th?), and building my mileage to catch that bunny! But for now: M: 2.38 miles W: 2.39 miles F: 2.36 miles (first run with my brand new birthday Garmin! LOVE it!) Total: 7.1 miles, a miles/week record for me. Onward and upward!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Maggie & Molly

are you ready for this? 2 whole miles last week. I had a major "I'm not doing anything" week!!!!!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I think I'm finally getting on track. Had a race Sat. Sun DOR Monday 4.15 miles Tues. Rode bike for 1/2 hr at gym Tonight at least 3 miles Have a good day everyone! Vicki
                            I had another disappointing week. Saturday I actually used my treadmill, yuck! And Sunday, I did not run outside at all. Feel like I'm starting to lose motivation. I need to get it back, quick.

- Anya

Wingz

Professional Noob

Knee's feeling better, thanks. Big grin Mon: 2.6 on trails. Very nice weather. Couldn't resist. Tue: rest Wed: 3.9 miles, about half on trail and half on packed dirt/gravel/sand. Knee was warning me so I listened and switched surfaces. Thurs: 3.5 mile run, assisted teaching 2 tkd classes - fun! Fri: 2 tkd classes Sat: 3 miles on TM, doing a few fartleks for fun. Sun: easy 3 Total: 16 miles, 2hr 45 min tkd. No new injuries. I realized last week that perhaps the reason I keep having knee trouble when I run a particular trail is that it's so rocky (covered with pine needles) that it's almost like running on cobblestone! Who can run on cobblestone for 5 miles without their knees hurting? Sheesh! I ran more recently on different trails and... *knocks on wood* so far so good!

Roads were made for journeys...

....., doing a few fartleks for fun.
                                You SO GOOD! My type of of gal friend runner....(whatever is the correct PC word!) You go, girl! Big grin Liz, welcome to our check in. It looks like you has a GREAT week! How ydo ou do that on a TM I don't see how. WOW! I get two miles on a TM and I already whining...... Kelli, maybe we are lost twins on our ankles? Confused I had to take FIVE months off and still wear that dang brace on my squishy ankle. But hey....I'm running again and SLOWLY picking up speed. You'll be passing me in no time. Just make sure you throw a line out when you pass me so I can keep up! Clowning around Past my bedtime.....See ya all later. Gayle MTA: I really do know how to speak English. Black eye

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble