1000Km-621 mile club

On the bench (Read 379 times)

Swadvad

I've been on the bench with pneumonia for three weeks! Evil grin Still can't breath well and will probably be out for another week or two. There is no way I can catch the Bunny after this. Now my incentive is not to finish last!
      I wouldn't give up on the goal so easily. As it stands now you only need to average 13 miles/week for the rest of the year, compared to 12 miles/week if you hadn't missed anytime. I think you can do it.
        I agree.....it's still doable! Don't stress and get back to running when you can. Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I hope you feel better soon. May be while your respiratory system recovers there is some light strength and flexibility training you can do to make getting back into running easier when the time comes. I think you still have a good shot at your goal too. Yes
          Find the fun.

Swadvad

Thanks for the encouragement. I won't give up so easily. Wink "Slow and steady wins the race." (or at least finishes)
            talie

trying to beat the bunny

Ugh, I hope your feeling better. I agree with the others. Keep on plugging away. The year has barely started. There is plenty of time to catch that darn bunny.
              Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
              - run 1000K
              - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
                Yeah, there's plenty of time left. But, for the time being, it's best just to work on full recovery. You can run later. Cheers!
                  Well after telling you not to stress, I'm now in the same shape. Cry I've been sick a week now Cry The bunny will catch and pass me tomorrow. I just hope I can get over the crud by the weekend. Dead

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

I guess I've sort of been benched too. I've been told my an ortho (who specializes in sports medicine) that I have some arthritis under my left knee, I have ITB strain and my knee cap is not aligning correctly. Anyway they gave me a brace to wear which made my occasional pain - constant and stronger pain. Went back and they stopped the brace but are suggesting that I don't run as much - that running will make my knee issues worse over a shorter period of time. I've already not run for ahwile (trying to heal) so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Not very happy but I'll figure it out.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Swadvad

they stopped the brace but are suggesting that I don't run as much
                      That's too bad. Hope you improve soon. During my down time, I have considered going back to the bike for my exercise, but running is so much easier. One good bike ride will take me 1.5 to 2 hours minimum, and I don't feel safe riding after dark. I can get in a run in 30 to 45 minutes and do it after dark or before sunrise during the winter. With the bike though, I never had foot or knee issues. Just the pneumonia and sinus infections. I got the latest issue of Runners World in the mail yesterday and really got the urge to hit the street. After my recovery, I'm going to give running one more consistent try.
                        (((((Cherrie))))) Sorry to hear that! David, a fellow Arkansas running! Yeah! I'm up in the very northwest corner.

Maggie & Molly

well, I ran 1.5 last night simply because I had to.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Swadvad

Well, after being down for 5 weeks with pnemonia, I was feeling pretty good yesterday after work, so I ran a very slow 1 mile to see how my body would react. I didn't have much trouble breathing, but my right lung still feels like it is going to explode! Angry I may have to be off another stinking month! I've never had a sickness put me down for this long. Tongue
                              I think my hubby has the same thing.....he's starting his 4th week. I've never see "stuff" like this hang on so long and effect the breathing so much. Take care.......we'll still be here and we are all hoping you get to feeling better!!!!

Swadvad

Now it's 2 months post-pneumonia and I tried again yesterday. Went 1.5 miles. Lungs felt OK. It will take a few weeks to get my conditioning back, but I think I may be back on the road! I'm now 100 miles behind the evil bunny. If I finish within 100 miles of the goal by the end of the year, I'll be doing good. Time2Run, good to see a fellow Arky! Hope your Hubby is back on the road too.