1000Km-621 mile club

seanster - July 26 (Read 5 times)

wanderingoutlaw

Congratulations, seanster, on reaching 1000 km for the year! Hope you keep up the solid running.

John

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! I knew Seanster was close! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

T W

It's just August. We have 4 touching the finish line.  Congratulations.

Just curious how you guys did that.  I tried to run longer each time.  But, it really hurt my toenails.  3 of them have become thick and grey.  I have to change my routine as run streak, 5k per day.  Thus, my toenails won't be hurt while weekly mileage can be maintained at around 20 miles.

wanderingoutlaw, hope your recovery is going well.  When I saw you ran 10 5ks in a day, I was really shocked.  Anyway, health is the first priority.  Good luck.

seanster

ME

Thanks everyone.

CanadianMeg... yeah bout the same time every year Smile.  I think I even got the same exact date two years in a row once.

TW - been grinding at it for a while.  When I joined this group 1000k was a tougher goal.  Now it’s fairly easier, but still an important benchmark for me.  Your toenail problems sounds like a shoe fit problem, but can only guess through the internet.

§ SIGNATURE§

wanderingoutlaw

wanderingoutlaw, hope your recovery is going well.  When I saw you ran 10 5ks in a day, I was really shocked.  Anyway, health is the first priority.  Good luck.

Thanks, T W. I seem to be really close to back to regular running. I've lost a lot of endurance, though.

I need to start training better for those ultra and marathons. And try not to run them so close together--which seems to be what finally caused my injury during the 10 5ks race.

I hope you get your toenail problem figured out. I agree with seanster that it sounds like a shoe fit problem.

John

T W

Glad to hear that your recovery went well.  No pain, no gain.  I believe you have learned a lot from the injury.

Yes, I will try my other pair of gt 2000 to see if they are OK with my toenails, which have wider toe box, though my favorite Supernova Glides fit well with my feet for shorter distance.