1000Km-621 mile club

It's April....how is it going? (Read 271 times)

Maggie & Molly

I have to get back at it again.  I hit the post race let down and lost any desire to run for a bit.  I decided to not beat myself up about it and to take the rest.  I'll be hitting the road this week!!!!! 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'll be watching for you Cheri....wish you lived closer.  Wink

March was not a good month for me.  Between weather and getting really sick the last week of the month I wasn't even close to my goal.  April will be a better month.  Today was the start of the NW Arkansas racing season.  I ran today for the first time in 7 days and was insane enough to run in the 1/2 marathon I've been looking forward to.  It was not a race for me but to see if I could finish...being dehydrated before I even started made for a rough last three miles, but I got it done.  Big grin

Anyone else racing this month?  Goals?  Going somewhere special to run?  Let us know.........inquiring minds want to know.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

thanks Gayle ~ it would be awesome if we lived closer!!  I'm running the Cox half on 5/1 so I better get my running butt into gear!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Well planning on a six mile race this weekend that I am attending with my Dad.  Should be a fun weekend as Dad and I will run the 6 mile race and Mom is going to walk the 2 mile walk.  Dad is hoping to place in his AG.  So for me just trying to find the consistency yet and get ready for my half in June.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Moving along well, staying ahead of that bunny!  Looks like we've already had one member cross the finish line, too! 

Did a 1/4 marathon on Saturday, and a Half on Sunday, and have an April full of weekend races lined up.  Now that the snow is (mostly) gone around here, I just want to hit the roads as much as I can. 

Woot!  Racing season has started.  Should be a good time for all.  Big grin

Michael,  I thought you guys were still covered in snow in the northeast?  And you did two races this weekend....you're tough

Jennifer,  You will have the best of times.  Going to races with your family ....THE BEST!  Have run!

Cheri, you ran today.   You are on your way!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Well, the rest of the Northeast doesn't like to admit to Connecticut being part of them - they prefer to think of us as New York City's bedroom.  They don't let us keep the snow as long, either Smile.  Most of it has melted or washed away down along the shore by now - we've even got some daffydills showing up now!  Yep, two races - one was for my club's USATF team, and the half was to help me qualify for the Half Fanatics, and to spend some fun running time with a bunch of great peeps from my running club.  And this coming weekend I'm racing a 5K against my son at a race on his college campus.  Winner gets dinner and freshly made ice cream from the locally famous campus Dairy Bar. 

Maggie & Molly

uhoh, Bunny is catching up.  Between my post race funk and dental surgery this week I can't run until Sat.  He'll pass me by then but I'll take my lead back !!!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Running safely

Somehow that silly bunny snuck past me. I am about 15 miles behind. I need to take two weeks and just catch up. I had a change in my schedule that knocks out the Saturday long run. But, with my schedule I can do the long run any day of the week (except Saturday and Sunday) so I don't really have an excuse. I just enjoy the lighter traffic on Saturday mornings.

No excuses. Time to crank it up!

Maggie & Molly

back in front!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm finally back running after 6 weeks off following a bad fall the end of February.  Fortunately, I was ahead of the bunny before the fall, so I hope to catch him again before the end of this month. 

sounds like everyone has been struggling a bit....but we are now ready to hunt that bunny down and tweak his tail.  Good luck everyone!  Let's get to it.....Happy running and racing...