1000Km-621 mile club

March 16th Weekly Check-In (Read 203 times)

What a difference one week makes! Warmth! Sunshine! Spring is in the air! Big grin Smile Big grin Mon - 3.5 (total) Went to the Train for the Cure at U of A; ran intervals till I was sick. Dead Tue - Off - Everything hurt Wed - 2.6 - Everything still hurt Thurs - 3.97 - Ran with friend at work; she pushed me further and faster then I wanted Shocked Fri - 2.01 - Ran VERY slow to take kinks out of legs for race next day Sat - 5K race - HAD a VERY good race.....New PR.... Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin 1.25 Warmup and Cool down.... Sun - 6.05 - Long very easy very slow run Weekly total: 22.5 Finally got a 20 mile week in....Almost killed myself doing it though. I'm very pleased with my race I took off over 2 mins from a 5K I ran in Jan. Still smiling!! Big grin How did everyone else do? Bill, was your weather better? nonoruns - very nice having the race come down your street. Very cool....You'll have a decent cheering section slso ....two weeks. Smile Teresa, looks like you ran a race....tell, tell..... Phillip, looks like you are getting closer to your 20 miles weeks. How's it feeling? Anya, hope your motivation is coming back and you are getting some runs in! Talk to everyone later! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Gayle, congratulations on your 5k PR! That's a big improvement in two months! DS15 and I had a fun 5k race this morning. It was 35 degrees and snowing lightly - felt chillier than 35! I warmed up about a mile before the race, which I hadn't done before since I was never sure I could even run the 3.1 miles! From the first few steps, I knew I was going to have a good race, because my feet felt so light! I beat my previous PR by almost 3 minutes, in 31:35. My first mile time was 9:48, and I've never run a mile that fast! Such fun. It's nice to know that building up my mileage is paying off. DS was hoping for 17:00, and he came in at 16:55. He was mad at himself, because he started out too fast - his first mile was 4:53! He was still happy to get a PR, though. I ran 24.6 miles last week, including an 8.2-mile run. I'm hoping for 26 miles or so this week. Have a great week! Teresa
        PRs are so great! Congrats Gayle. I'm finally running again. Did easy 3 mile loop on Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sunday. I'm going slow but at least I'm out there moving again. Kenny
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, Gayle and Teresa! Nice improvements!!! Cool Cool Cool This week was an "off" one for me, and not intentionally. (Can I pretend it was? Tongue ) Mon: intentional rest day. Tues: great trail run. 5.2 miles. Wed: too tired after clinicals to run or workout... Thurs: was going for 4 miles around the lake but pulled a calf muscle at 1 3/4 miles. Fri: limping around the house. Sat: Life happens. Got a new cat... unwillingly. Sun: 1.79 on the TM Total: 8.9 miles, no tkd workouts. Looking forward to a better week next week! Modified to add in tonight's unintentionally short workout!

Roads were made for journeys...

Maggie & Molly

ok, I got some miles in this week with no knee pain. Wed 3 miles on the TM Fri 3 miles on the TM Sun 2.5 miles on the TM total for the week 8.5 which is far better than 2 from last week. I know I won't catch the bunny this way but I'll get there!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

AnneCA

Greetings all! I had a good running week -- finally! M 4.4 miles T Gym day, weight training W 4.3 miles R Off, schedule conflicts (was supposed to be a gym/weight training day :noSmile F 5 miles (in the rain) Sa Off Su 6.2 miles!!!! (not a race, just a "long" run) That's 19.9 miles for the week -- which means I may have to jog .1 to the store later if we need some milk or something. Big grin Gayle -- congrats on the 5K PR!!! What a great week you had! Teresa -- and congrats on your 5K PR!! That's definitely inspiring to me to keep up with my mileage. And congrats to your son!
              obiebyke

A good week for me. Graduate from C25K! Monday--2.63 Wednesday--2.62 Friday--2.79 Friday I did my race route (race is Easter Sunday) and inexplicably took almost a minute off my usual mile pace! Felt good. Total this week was 8.04 miles. Another weekly mileage record. That bunny is going to start to get nervous soon.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I had a good week for me: M - off T - 3.3 easy W - 3.3 tempo Th - 3.5 easy F - off S - 3.2 easy Su - 5.2 long Weekly total - 18.5 miles Another few weeks like that and I'll be on the bunnies heels.

Renee the dog

AnneCA, You crack me up with the .1 observation! I hope you did run down the block or something yesterday! Smile My week was a wreck, but got some good running in...running is about the only thing going well in my life presently... Tues 2 Wed 2.5 Fri 4 Sat. 9 I skipped my Sunday run as I slept most of the day, and made it up...well, I'll save that for next week's report. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Eh...I'm not too pleased with my numbers this week. I'm dying for spring or at least the snow to melt off the sidewalks enough so I can run outdoors again. I'm sick of the treadmill. M - off T - 4.2 W - off TH - 4 F - off S - 5k race that I sucked at. the course was very hilly and I haven't done hills or ran outside since November. Plus side, I did get my sister out there even though she walked a very large portion of it. Su - 2.33 random hill workout on the treadmill 13.8 miles So after my disappointing race I am adding 1 hill workout each week.
                      ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
                        Another disappoining week for me. This is becoming the new "norm". I suck!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

- Anya

Not bad for me. Sundays run was tough due to all the yard work this weekend. And yes, the weather was much better this week. Mon - 4.16 Tue - Off Wed - 9.03 Shocked Thurs - off Fri -off Sat - off Sun - 4.53 Total - 17.72 I really need to get my Saturday run in on Sat instead of Sunday. I think it might be time for a fourth day of running too.

Renee the dog

Another disappoining week for me. This is becoming the new "norm". I suck!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
                            anya, What's going on? Did you stop drinking beer? Injured? Check in again if you can!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Swadvad

Hello all. First time back out after 2 months. 1.5 Monday 1.5 Wed. 2.0 Fri. Not a lot, but a start. Hope to have a bit more to report next week. D
                                Not a bad week for me: Mon - 3.8 mi Wed - 3.8 mi Fri - 2.6 mi Sat - 2.3 mi Total - 12.5 mi I bailed on the Saturday run, short 1.5 mi from my goal, after the weather did a quick change on me and I found myself cold and with a wicked 'freezing ear headache'. I ended up biking indoors on sun and adding 2 miles to the bike to make up for Saturday. My goal this week is 14 miles. I'm slowly catching up on the bunny. Gayle - congrats on the PR obiebyke - congrats on finishing c25k. BTW, I adore your avatar. I stop to read your posts just so I can look, and smile, at your kitty. D - good start after 2 months off.
                                Have you got a flag?