1000Km-621 mile club

CanadianMeg - May 28 (Read 6 times)

Well, I think it was the 28th of May... I was just looking for your name - up there, top of the list, as usual  but you were already gone, 33 Km ahead of goal distance!

So, I had to 'run back' those 20 miles or so and I hope I got the date right.

In any case, congratulations, Meg, for reaching the 1000 K mark still in the midst of Spring. And it seems you've got a race scheduled for this weekend - wish you best of luck (and for the rest of the year as well, of course).

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks. Today's race was a hot and steamy 15k I ran as a training run because I'm running a very social 12 hour next weekend. Just keep running! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Well, that is something that would never cross my mind: a 12-hour race!

But I truly admire ultra-running - and hope you have a great day, in all regards.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, that is something that would never cross my mind: a 12-hour race!

But I truly admire ultra-running - and hope you have a great day, in all regards.

This is a really social one. You have to finish one 4k loop to get your medal. On registration, you state your longest race distance in a 24 hour period; if you exceed that, you get a glass stein. Last year I ran 50k in just over 7 hours to get my stein. You can stop anytime. If you want to stop for an hour and go back out again, you can. Last year they used lap counters; this year you can use your watch or the counters. It's very social and a great intro to ultra running if you ever want to try one. 6h, 12h or 24h. This is my second time running it.

https://raceroster.com/events/2023/67822/canada-goose-2023

Half Fanatic #9292. 

wanderingoutlaw

Congrats, Meg!

I hope your 12-hour goes well. Maybe we'll get you up to a 24-hour race soon!

Thanks, Pedro, for posting her accomplishment. I've been in a bit of a running funk and haven't been on RA much lately.

John

Please forgive me for such a late reply - both friends, Meg and Wanderingoutlaw. I gave myself a 7-day break due to some knee-problems, and did not visit the site during that period.

First, WO, nothing to thank me for. I know you're group administrator, but we all here make a great team, and it's with nothing but pleasure that I post, particularly when it's good news Smile

And, Meg, thanks for your explanation and for the link to the event page. It seems really interesting and, as you say, a great way to get familiar with ultra running.

Happy running, both of you!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Congrats, Meg!

I hope your 12-hour goes well. Maybe we'll get you up to a 24-hour race soon!

Thanks, Pedro, for posting her accomplishment. I've been in a bit of a running funk and haven't been on RA much lately.

62km. I think next year I want to register for the 24 hour although I doubt I'd stay out for the full 24 hours. It would just give me more time to go further. If you hit a new longest personal distance for 24 hours, you get a stein. Smile I have 2.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

62km. I think next year I want to register for the 24 hour although I doubt I'd stay out for the full 24 hours. It would just give me more time to go further. If you hit a new longest personal distance for 24 hours, you get a stein. Smile I have 2.

Congratulations on those 62 Km, Meg!

I don't know if the steins come *full* - if so, it's a good thing they are handed after the race rather than before.  

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Congratulations on those 62 Km, Meg!

I don't know if the steins come *full* - if so, it's a good thing they are handed after the race rather than before.  

Ha! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292.