1000Km-621 mile club

Feb 17th Weekly Check-In (Read 292 times)

How is everyone doing this week? I'm still coughing but at least I'm mobile and still a bit ahead of the bunny. Yes Monday 2.15 Cold Rain.....Not smart, but glad to be outdoors Tuesday 2.64 Just plain cold....13 degrees Wed 3.22 More like it..... Big grin Warmer in 30's Thurs 0 Baby Shower to go to Friday 2.35 Ran with friend at work Sat. 3.02 Ran with friend in cold drizzle..Race was canceled Sun 0 Rain, Rain and more Rain Total 13.4 Sorry for the points of miles. Blush These do not include my warm ups or downs, but what is on my Garmie.....

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

sad to say I got in 2 whole miles - and now my knee hurts. This isn't good.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm amazed to see that I've made quota for two weeks in a row! Yes Mon: 1.43 (longer run got interrupted) Tue: two 2 mile runs (total = 4) Wed: no running Thurs: 2 miles Fri: 3.01 Sat: no running Sun: 3 miles Total: 12.0 I don't own a Garmie... Sad the decimals are just what I've mapped here with the mapping tool.

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

sad to say I got in 2 whole miles - and now my knee hurts. This isn't good.
          Oh noes! Take care of that knee!

Roads were made for journeys...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Monday - 3.1 miles on TM Tuesday - 5.1 miles on VERY icy roads Thursday - 5.1 miles on TM Friday - 3.2 miles on TM Saturday - 7.1 miles on TM (personal record for length/time running) TOTAL: 23.6 miles, another record for me. Whoo hoo! I'm whipping up on that bunny! Hope everyone has a good week running! Teresa

Renee the dog

Tues 4.25 mi Fri 4.25 mi. Should have run Sat., but my "cross training" of removing tile from my house sucked the life out of me. Sun 8.5 mi to make up for the missed 5 mi I had planned on Sat and combined with planned "easy" run. Turned out to be a spectacular run. I'm getting in my miles now, 'cause once the summer comes, I'll be running much less as I don't like the tourist crowds around here, and I can't run the dog as much.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Got all of my runs in. Went to 4 days/week last week and managed 12.4 miles. Mon - 3.8 mi Wed - 3.2 mi Fri - 2.6 mi Sat - 2.7 mi I also walked 2.5 mi on Saturday while geocaching with some friends. Had a great time, but my legs were really tired at the end. This week is a repeat of last week as I adjust to 4 runs a week. Cherrie - take care of the knee. Teresa - I couldn't do that many miles on a TM. Hats off to you.
                Have you got a flag?
                  Weather was awful this week, but I went away on the weekend and got in some nice long country road runs. Tues 2.73 miles on treadmill Wed: Tried to run outside, but the sidewalks weren't cleared so had a rough 3.2 miles on the treadmill Friday: 5 miles on country roads - very nice! Saturday: Ice skating on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa Sunday 7.51 miles! Woo hoo! I'm starting to feel the effects of running more regularly. Must.remember.patience. Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Oh, you guys who can run at work are lucky. I would love to have a shower. I could kick out 3-4 miles , no problem... I had a bad week, last week. I did not run on Sunday at all. And it was 40 and sunny. No excuses. I will try to redeme myself this week. Great job , everyone!

- Anya

I didn't make the mileage mark for the week but at least I went 4 times, that was impressive. Unlike the log, I am looking from Sunday the 10th-Saturday the 16th. If I go by the log I only went 3 times. Still not bad but I need to up my mileage. It just seems that something always gets in the way!!! Work, child-rearing, MIA husband (therefore no sitter), etc. Tongue Yesterday I had a mole removed on my face and couldn't run (didn't want to make it start bleeding again), and tonight another MIA husband night so looks like a yoga night. That's not so bad, anyway!

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I didn't make the mileage mark for the week but at least I went 4 times, that was impressive. Unlike the log, I am looking from Sunday the 10th-Saturday the 16th. If I go by the log I only went 3 times. Still not bad but I need to up my mileage. It just seems that something always gets in the way!!! Work, child-rearing, MIA husband (therefore no sitter), etc. Tongue Yesterday I had a mole removed on my face and couldn't run (didn't want to make it start bleeding again), and tonight another MIA husband night so looks like a yoga night. That's not so bad, anyway!
                        Michelle, don't be hard on yourself! It is VERY hard with young children. That's why I got so out of shape! You won't believe the difference when you can just say, "Bye, kids! I'll be back in two hours!" It has changed my life, lol. The MIA husband is difficult, too - that has happened to me more than once. You're doing great! Teresa
                          Thanks, Teresa! I know I do the best I can, and my kid is so awesome about it too (he pushes me to go), but I still feel like I need to get out more often, and for longer, even if I have to walk a portion of it. Since I don't get the opportunity to go as often as I'd like, I feel that when I do have a free hour, I should run as far as I can (which is currently 3 miles), then walk another couple miles after that. That way, I feel I'm doing more with my limited time. But of course, when I leave the house, it's freezing outside, and when I'm not running I'm too cold, so I just want to get home. I have noticed that the years I've had of mommy-love, where our son has been my constant shadow, are starting to fade. He's now becoming his daddy's boy, spending tons of his time in the garage working on the car. *sigh* I knew that time was coming, but I figured I had another couple years. Sad Oh well, at least I have a little more time to run on the weekends...

Michelle

Michelle, don't be hard on yourself! It is VERY hard with young children. ........ You're doing great!
                            Ditto! I remember those days of young childre....(long time ago Roll eyes ) Of course I still have the MIA hubby, but that doesn't give me ANY excuse not to run. Sad Remember it's stress release so enjoy when you do get out.....and warmer weather IS around the corner....at least that is what I keep telling myself. Anya, yes I LOVE being able to run at work. Although it's a two edge sword sometimes. Like today...didn't get my lunchtime run in and didn't get home until after dark. Now I'm too "lazy" or "spoiled" to get out and run in the dark. Ugh! Embarrassed Cherrie..not good...I don't remember if you said if you've been to a doctor? Good job everyone!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

Time I have been to a DR and was advised to reduce my miles - at least for now. That is why I'm trying to stick to 2 or so 2 - 3 times a week instead of 20 ish that I had gotten up to. Then to top things off, I fell at the gym this morning and now my archilles tendon in the same leg hurts - what the .... so I iced it and I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

AnneCA

Gayle -- I think I'm neck-and-neck with you! I had a good week last week, although I think I probably should have done a better job of taking it easy to get over the lingering cold. I had signed up for a 10k on 2/18, though, and didn't want to completely bag on it, so that made me get out earlier in the week too. Races are definitely motivating! And I did finish the 10k, so that definitely got my miles up for the week. Although I haven't done any since! I hope to hit the road again tomorrow morning, but right now it's pouring rain, and I'm a wuss about the rain. Maybe I'll TM at the gym over lunch. I did finally go to the doctor today about this damned cold, after sleeping miserably the last couple of nights, and she diagnosed a sinus infection. So now I have abx, and will hopefully soon turn a corner on this thing. I hope!