1000Km-621 mile club

mk885 - July 8 (Read 5 times)

wanderingoutlaw

Congrats, mk885, for reaching 1000km. It looks like you reached 1000km a month quicker than last year.

(Sorry no one noticed to post when it occurred!)

John

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Everyone was out running. Wink

Great work, MK! Smile What's next for you? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Well done, MK.

Keep going strong!

mk885

Wow- thanks so much

being able to run is so wonderful and I am so grateful- have to remind myself of that as i often forget

i ran 1112 miles in 2018, 1000 in 2017, 700 in 2015, 600 in 2014 and 500 in 2013- had heart valve repair in 2016 so had a bot of a break

i have now a streak of 100 miles per month since June 2018- would like to continue that- seems like i can fit in 23ish miles per week with 4 runs (sometimes 5)  in the middle of all my other life stuff

Target was to run 1113 in 2019 which i am on track to exceed

I have a half marathon in September and just ran a 5k in july

i would like to improve my 5k time while still running at least 100 miles per month and then maybe do my first marathon next year- my daughter will be starting school in Philadelphia so thinking i might train and do that one

i currently just run slowly ~4x per week but thinking of posing the question here about how to mix that up to improve my 5k time while keeping 100 miles per month and most importantly not significantly increasing injury risk

thanks all for congratulating and Canadian meg for asking the question of what’s next which prompted me to pause and then write this!

isnt running ahead incredible?  I am still in awe of the developer - i would love to hear a podcast interview of him!

thanks again

mike

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Mike, if you want to work on your 5k, check to see if there's a parkrun close to you. Our local parkrun will have its one year anniversary next weekend (and is going to try to set the Canadian record). Parkrun is a free, timed, 5k every Saturday morning. You register ahead of time and only register once; you take the barcode with you to the run. I"ve done it a few times and I can join parkrun anywhere in the world. A free timed 5k is a good way to work on that time. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.