1000Km-621 mile club

injury slowing me down (Read 261 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I discovered I have something called ilio tibial band syndrome, which is stopping my progress and I think I will be off for about a month. Gonna be hard to get back to my current level after sucha break, any advice guys?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Join the club! Take it easy. I had IT Band probs in the summer, which I have now decided was due to old (200 mile!) shoes, as when I got new ones (new shoes, same model) it started getting better really quickly. You could try that. Lots of stretching, sports massage or those rolley things (like noodles that go in the pool, only much firmer) that really hurt when you use them right, heat, ice, etc.
        I had a cold get me for the past week and it really set me behind Sad Ah well, I'll catch up in October or something Smile Kimmer
        My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me