1000 Mile Club

pred - corland -derek WHo will be 1st to reach 1000? (Read 482 times)

Congrats to all of you, you're doing AWESOME!!! Smile
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      It is Finished. Big grin Barring injury Tight lipped, I'll make 1,500. With more miles per week, it's still possible to hit 2,000, but I ain't betting or suffering for it.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, I wish I had a shot at 1500, but it's just not going to happen this year. I think I will make 1300, but it's very unlikely that I will get much further than that. You all rock! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

corland

Ugh! The past 4 weeks have been tough. My paces are suffering. I'm due for a cut back. This coming week I'm travelling to Bristol TN to take in the NASCAR races (although I'm not really that big of a fan). I've heard its a good party Cool pred and I have been playing leap frog for the past month. I think he's about to get away. Sad Good running all Smile
            corland, I'm so jealous dude. You're going to Bristol (I'm a BIG fan). Live hear in TN and can't get tickets. Cry

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

corland, I'm so jealous dude. You're going to Bristol (I'm a BIG fan). Live hear in TN and can't get tickets. Cry
              I have never been to Bristol but have a co-worker that grew up a few miles from the track. When I asked him about the track he looked at me and said "I have never been to teh track:, and was serious. My wife and I went to the race that was here in Atlanta in the spring- what a great time. One day I hope to make it ot Bristol.
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              derek

Congrats to all of you, you're doing AWESOME!!! Smile
                Looks as though corland and pRED made it before me :-) I've really been suffering for the last couple months which has been really distressing as my first marathon is just 7 weeks away.

Derek

Congrats you guys! I mean it in the nicest way when I say: Now go catch the 1500 mile bunny so us slow pokes have a chance at the top! Big grin Derek, I'm hoping you get your legs back before Chicago. But if not, just run to finish like you've mentioned. Then you can attack White Rock or Cowtown for the sub-4 race when it's a lot colder and you have more time to train in the cooler temps. If I survive my first one this October and want to do another - I plan to run only winter marathons. Training all summer in the seventh plane of hell Texas has been brutal - and it really hasn't been that hot this year by Texas standards.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mike, that reminds me of why Spring marathons would be hard for us Northerners to do--it's hard to ramp up our miles in Winter, just as you guys struggle in Summer. I would LOVE to run the LA marathon someday (I have a good friend in El Segundo who I could stay with), but the timing is just bad. My hat is off to any folks down south who train for our Fall marathons. I don't know how you guys do it. I hope you guys get a good cool spell, soon. Derek, keep up the awesome training for Chi-town! I hope to do that in maybe 2-3 years from now. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

corland

The extent of my NASCAR following may have been somewhat down played. I kind of thought the whole beer drinking laying around on Sundays lifestyle wouldnt fit in here. I've been to the Michigan race 4 or 5 times. I dont really have a driver to root for anymore though, looks like my guy (TN native S. Marlin)) got his ride yanked again this year. On another, more important note, last year I ran my first marathon. My mileage was anything but consistent. Building up to the 40-45 mile weeks almost killed me. I was overweight and had one nagging injury after another. One week I'd get 45 miles in, the next week I'd pay for it and only manage 10-20. The good news is I completed my first marathon (in horrible conditions) in 4:06. It's still possible derek, dont give up now. Smile
                        Zoom, I'd rather train in the heat than the cold...joints don't ache nearly as much. But then, that is coming from someone who complains the Tucson summers are seldom hot enough and the winters are too cold, even if they are only in the 40s and 50s. Big grin
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, I'd rather train in the heat than the cold...joints don't ache nearly as much. But then, that is coming from someone who complains the Tucson summers are seldom hot enough and the winters are too cold, even if they are only in the 40s and 50s. Big grin
                          Ha! You know, I griped about the cold all last year, but I think what got me the worst was wind and slippery footing. This year I am planning to purchase a pair of NB shoes that have removable ice spikes, tread that sheds snow, and cushion that doesn't get hard in the cold. So running this Winter should be better. Plus we seemed to be even colder than normal this past Feb. I'm actually looking forward to some cooler weather after the past month. k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Corland, dude, how can you do all those miles on a treadmill, man I would vomit for sure.! Smile
                              Corland, dude, how can you do all those miles on a treadmill, man I would vomit for sure.! Smile
                              I do a great deal of my running on the treadmill. It's boring but at least it gets my running in. Smile

Michelle

Go Pre!

I can do a run here and there on a treadmill, but anything longer than 45 mins and I am done. I have a friend who did every training run for a marathon on a treadmill, even his 3+ hour long runs. On a side note, he didn't finish the marathon due to his legs not used to the pavement. Corland I believe you do you long runs on the roads correct?