1000 Mile Club

smile! (Read 231 times)

Gig

One of the most important things to pay attention to during a race is the cameras. I always take off my hat and give a nice smile and wave, just to make sure I don't look like I'm in agony. I guess I missed this camera. Oh well.
      I have one from a 5K on Super Sunday that had me searching for a prior thread. A couple months ago there was a "worst finishing photo" thread, and while it's actually out on the course my gasping for air pic is really bad. To give you an idea of how bad, this pic of my long hair (with gray highlights) doing a Sweeney Todd imitation looks good in comparison. In my own defense, the "gasping for air" pic was snapped while I was trying to pass a Somerville Road Runner, and I hate Somerville Road Runners. Actually that's not true, I have a lot of respect for Somerville Road Runners, I just hate that they almost always kick my ass on race day. If I can find that really bad picture thread, I'll post it there to make others feel better about themselves.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Jill_B

I fly.

Oh I have many horrible photos from running! I ran the Birmingham 1/2 last year with my earphones for my mp3 player under a headband (to keep them from falling out of my ears of course). I looked like I had twin tumors on my head in every photo. And those aren't the worst photos ever taken of me at a race. I'll have to find a picture to post.

Bring it on.