1000 Mile Club

Okay, Bunny, I can see you (Read 326 times)

AnneCA

I started out the year hoping to, maybe, if I got consistent, and lucky, beat the 1000 km bunny. That bunny, and my fellow 1000 km bunny-hunters, have turned out to be quite motivating! So now I'm setting my sights on the 1000 mile bunny. I calculate that I'll have to average 21-22 mpw for the rest of the year, but I think I can do that. I've got a HM at the beginning of November, so that will get me ahead of that curve too. I'm about to finish my first 100 mile month (which actually gives me pause -- I was aiming for 90, and I don't want to increase mileage too quickly, but it's all been feeling fine, so . . . .). One thing's for sure: I don't like being on page 4 again. Watch out, bunny!

Dave

Keep up the good work. The rodent is steadily climbing page 3 unfortunately. It seems to be that time of the year when the summer heat wilts quite a few runners. Hang in there.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I was 40 miles ahead of that SOB until my knee blew out on me. I gots some catching up to do.
        highonrunning

So how is everyone doing? Is the summer heat slowing everyone down? I'm soar today, but overall Feeling pretty good and well ahead the the Bunny, but some others were falling behind steadily, and i just wanted to know how everyone was doing.

Lu481

I've finally gotten ahead of the bunny and hope to remain there. As far as the heat goes, I try to run in the morning when it is cooler, so it hasn't slowed me down at all. Lu

Dave

I'm closing the gap as my marathon training kicks into gear this month. Was 60 behind, now 30. May have my first 40 mile week ever this week.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I'm closing the gap too. I'm right at 30 miles behind him. As my marathon training really kicks in I should make faster progress. I had a lazy spring after a half the end of March. I can't blame the bunny.
                Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...

Dave

You're right behind me. Wink Will put in 14 over the weekend (4 and 10). Should get me even a little closer. Sounds like we're both hitting the peak of marathon training. (this is my cutback week, then 16, 18...)

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I'm closing the gap too. Vacation in the US was fun but I didn't get as much running in as I thought I would. Being back into a more regular schedule should help, but with the humidity in Tokyo, I feel like I need gills!

Jeremy