10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

Motivation (Read 501 times)

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Having a bad week! Niggley injury to calf! Eating too much! Tired! Dont feel like running tonight!

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

I was asleep so couldn't nag you out the door. Did you run? I hope you did. Or at least did something that didn't hurt your calf!
      Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Yep! Dragged myself out. Was a lovely evening. Took it easy. Maybe should have went easier but calf ok. Think I need a race or something fairly soon. My first race of year was not supposed to be until june 21st but i'll have to find something. Thanks for reply,sometimes we just need a wee bit of encouragement. Smile

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

Dog-Love

Yup...we all need a wee bit of encouragement every now and then. Sometimes just a short 2 miler is all I need to jumpstart a bad week. Sometimes I just need to call my running bud and see if she wants to head out and she ALWAYS says yes! Good job getting out.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            I have had problems in getting motivated too, and I honestly am not someone who loves running. i do enjoy the feeling of satisfaction after a run, and the idea that I am doing something many people cannot, but the actual physical experience usually feels more like work than fun, though satisfying when a good run is finished. I am tapering this week so no serious running, went out last night for 6kms, or 3.7 miles without my Garmin, just planning to vary my pace a bit as I have been getting "stuck" in a one pace groove recently. I started slow, did a few bursts of speed here and there, walked a few yards twice, and finished by gradually accelerating over the last mile. I had fun, came back with a smile. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.