1500 Miles So Go Run

2023 February (Read 17 times)

kcam

Sounds like a reasonable plan there, Jeff.  Try the tempo but if you feel that twinge again I'd bail and just run easy until you don't feel that anymore.  My 10 mile race is on April 2nd.  I've been doing longer intervals at LT pace (~7:30/mile for me).  1600s and even a couple 3200s.  This morning I did 5X800 with a 400 jog recovery.  It was pouring rain and the track was flooded out to cover up lane 2 on one of the curves.   Temperature was low 40's which made it miserable.

Speaking of snow, I've lived here in San Jose for 30+ years and I've never seen this much snow in the foothills of San Jose.  It's been a crazy January and February, I'm ready for some dry, warm weather!

jeffdonahue

Tempo run was this morning.  It didn't go well.  Had some issues come up last night and ended up with insomnia so I was up until about 2:00 and then slept until about 5:00 (which is my only time to run today).  I headed to the gym but I was exhausted.  I walked on the treadmill for a while to try to wake up and then did an easy warm up mile.  After that I took a shot at the tempo run.  The effort was harder than it probably would be if I wasn't so tired.  I was supposed to do 25-30 minutes but I bailed at 15 minutes because I just didnt want to risk getting hurt on a tired body.

There's always next week.  Overall I think if I wasn't tired and I was in a better frame of mind that the pace I was going at (7:50 per mile) seemed about right for a tempo run.

This week is going to end up being an unplanned deload week for me.  I had some knee pain earlier in the week so I cut some other runs short.  I've also been kind of lax on the PT exercises for the past few weeks.  I was much better this week with them and it is feeling better today mostly, but I need to be more consistent with it.  Usually I am, but some really long days at work over the past three weeks really threw me off.

Sorry for the rant.  Hope everyone else out there is doing well.

Sounds like a reasonable plan there, Jeff.  Try the tempo but if you feel that twinge again I'd bail and just run easy until you don't feel that anymore.