2000Km-1243 mile club

November it is (Read 250 times)

HappyFeat

Yay is right, PerfesserR. It's a beautiful thing. You certainly earn your rewards.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Yay

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Yesterday in NZ.  Wish this had been my school camp.

Tongariro Erupts

Great trail running around there as well, only just re-opened track after last eruption.

Funny thing is, one of the other volcanoes in the group is showing some warning signs.  There is a trail run on that one called "The Goat". It it likely to be postponed because the volcano hasn't erupted yet. :-)

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Running Rev'd

And that's that. With this morning's Turkey Trot 5K and some extra warm-up and cool-down miles, I've made my 2000K for the year!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

HappyFeat

Congratulations Kmays!  Wonderful progression of pace through your 5K today - well done!!

Good luck on your 16er tomorrow.

I also ran a Turkey Trot today - a 10K which I used as a Tempo Run. It went well and I'm now also setting my sights on an upcoming 16er - on Sunday. The last few 16s I've tried over the past year or so have not gone well; so I'm a little gun-shy. This will be on trail though and I expect it will be go better since I have a few more miles in my legs now. 

And that's that. With this morning's Turkey Trot 5K and some extra warm-up and cool-down miles, I've made my 2000K for the year!

Good job!

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I am from RW and I joined your group for next year. In '10 and '11 I set a 1200 mile goal and missed by less than 100 miles each time. I can do this.

HappyFeat

Hi Stealth You'll find the Bunny can be verrrry motivating! Welcome to the group.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Another exodus member, here.   I'm not *exactly* sure where to put my 2013 goal, but I so far looks to be 2013k. Big grin 

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome everyone, it's a small but friendly group except for that HappyFeat character Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Back from vacation ... I did get a short run at home in Central Park last weekend - no running in Mexico (too warm for me) though we did do a full day walkabout in Chitchen Itza - very touristy but worth seeing and learning about the Maya legacy. The remainder of the vacation was beach time on Isla de las Mujeres, a barrier island off of Cancun, away from the crowds. 

Resting and repairing from travel today, 5 or 6 miles in the morning.

Happy thanksgiving - it's really great to see everyone reach their goals. PS Happy - how was your 16 miler?

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Big grin  (((PerfesserR)))

Hi Ayola, glad you had a nice vacation. It sounds like it was interesting and a real getaway.

I'm running the 16 tomorrow. It's not my day of choice. I much prefer a Saturday LR; but if I want to hang with these two other ladies, I don't have a choice right now.  I don't know whether I'm "tweaking" over the prospect of 16 or whether I have legitimate muscle/tendon pains - but I've got 'em. I think everything hurts at this point - ridiculous, huh? That's why I think it's linked to my mental block over 16 miles. I really need to get over that. The forecast is in my favor - no rain and temps in the 40's predicted.

I wonder about the whole concept of  "The LR should be no more than X percent. of weekly mileage." Obviously it's okay to violate that "rule" on a sporadic basis because people do it all the time in marathon training and ultrarunning.  I guess I'll know that the LR was too long if I can't do all my  planned runs the following week. I'm probably fussing over nothing. It's not like I'm going to do this on a regular basis, right? Run 16, that is. I've been running with Gay since last April and we mostly run 10-12.  

It's been a busy summer here but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.  DW is finally back home after her 6 1/2 months recovering.  I've spent nearly every weekend going to visit/care for her and this weekend is about the first day at home I've had in that time.  She is finally feeling better and she is able to help out a little around the house.  Now I just have to finish up my long work days, just 8 more days of 12 hour work days.

Looks like there have been some great runs around here.  I'm looking forward to catching up a little.  And welcome aboard to all the new faces.

Imminent Catastrophe

So glad to hear that Jeff, welcome back.

Happy, that's just a rule of thumb. I violate that all the time, you'll be fine. Have a great run!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great news Jeff.

And Happy...exactly what PerfesserR  said.

Also a welcome to ex RWOL people.  I look forward to hearing about how you are all getting on.

Had a quiet week this week.  Still probably a bit flat after after my last long run, so just been taking it easy and trying to keep ahead of the bunny.

I had an inspirational moment on Saturday.  I got to run/shuffle 4.5 km with a lady here in in New Zealand who is trying to complete 500 km without sleep. When i joined her, she had just gone through 1/2 way, and was still in a pretty lucid state.  But blisters were becoming a problem.

She should be finished by Monday afternoon NZ time.

And today I laced up my latest shoes. PerfesserR can confirm they are the brightest fluoro green ever.  Also have a shirt to match.  Probably get hit by a car now.

Hope everyone has had a good week

Goals 2016

Do stuff