2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 18 February (Read 350 times)

A Saucy Wench

So am I the only doggie-less runner here? Cry Working a trail ultra today....should be COLD

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

I think there are more doggless runners than dog runners on this forum Wink Did a very stupid thing today. I went to town to run errands on my 3-gear shopping bike. After I was done I decided to bike to my new office (got a new job starting 15 March, did I say?). Start the stopwatch and ride home via the longest route. It took me 27minutes to get home! Dripping sweat! And my legs are fried. Hope they've recovered before my long run tomorrow morning. ETA: total bike ride was 15K.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

WHat a great 10K training run...actually a 7M run today with 2 other friends after the warm up and cool down. 2 more freinds met up with us but did a 5K course 2X's. We all practice ran the course for a race next weekend. We met up at a local taproom grille for lunch after wards...and a few fine crfted brews too! Just a fantastic day. I'll be doing my first 10K on March 1 and after today's run, am feeling good about finishing strong. the weather was perfect, 65 degrees, sunny, just a little breezy at times but otherwise we couldn't have designed a better day. No ankle problems, no knee problems... Endorphins rule!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

First did 10K with both dogs. They were both on leash for approx. 7K. Took them off leash for the last 3K. They liked that! Dropped Spike off at home, watered both dogs and I had a gel with water. Plus I had to run to the bathroom. 3rd time in 4 hours. What's up with that? Then left again with Spooky. I was doing OK for the first 6K, despite the head wind. Then I started to notice a serious energy deficit. Why didn't I bring that 2nd gel???? It got really tough in the last 3K. Lots of walking and stretching. Think yesterday's sudden 15K bike ride and the total lack of running this week because of the flu was effecting my run in a bad way. Spooky totally enjoyed herself. Took her off leash in the last 3K and she was running up and down and sideways. Doesn't she know we've already done like 20K already??? Total 23.6K.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Aaron: better watch out, I'm right behind Big grin

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Picked up my new commute bike and couldn't resist: 12K bike ride. Nice!

Dutchie

...---...

Dutchie - you are way more woman than I am man. I get tired just reading your weekly activities. Cross training today with stretching. Light weights, push up's and ab work...then it's beer time Big grin Traveling next week so will be some treadmill work; more than likely. Unless I buy that Garmin 205 today and do some outside running in Houston next week.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Garmin 205's are cheap at costco! Have a good trip! 15.25 today, felt much better than last week. Definitely went out too fast last week.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

So am I the only doggie-less runner here? Cry Working a trail ultra today....should be COLD
                    Which trail ultra? I used to be a trailrunner and hope to be back. Last February I did a great 50k, I'm a long way from being in that kind of shape now. Today, 3 miles on the treadmill, that's all I can tolerate without going nuts.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron: better watch out, I'm right behind Big grin
                      Bring it on! Tongue Finished the week with 8.5 on the treadmill today. I don't mind treadmill running, I actually kinda like it sometimes. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and I'm trying to learn a little bit of French so I downloaded all these French lesson podcasts and I went through the lessons multiple times today trying to train my ear.