2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 21 January (Read 305 times)

...---...

sucked it up and put in 5 this afternoon. the weather held thankfully. not the greatest quality run, based on how i felt and the effort i put in for a lousy 10:39 overall pace. anyway...baby steps. if the stars align just right, and I can get home from a meeting 4 hours away tomorrow, I'd like to put in some more but I'd also really like to catch The Spirit of the Marathon film that's showing only one day. It'll probably go to DVD soon anyway so I may as well run. Hope everyone is enjoying their endorphines today...except Dutchie, sorry about the weather. Oh well, have a pint or something instead. Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

I am taking a day of rest today, running tomorrow, resting Saturday and shooting for a PR on Sunday morning at the Half Marathon. The wind is supposed to be up to 25 mph gusts today in Atlanta and tempertures dropping again for a day or two, so it suits me to stay in today and not battle the wind. I can take the cold weather running, but the wind just wears on my after a while. Hope everyone is having a great week! Keep it up y'all, let's out run that bunny!
      PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

A Saucy Wench

bit over 4 today. Ugh - the forecast is for mixed snow/rain for my long runs this weekend. Hopefully it wont be icy in the early mornings. We usually only get 1-2 icy days a year so I dont bother with yaktraks but this year has been so dang icy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Today was a 60min swim training. In total we I did 900 meters. I did much better then last week. Or Monday even. Breathing was much better.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Yeah, I so not running today with the wind howling right now; besides, I'm pooped from driving ~500 miles today...so me and wife are going to see Spirit of the Marathon tonight. Oh, and drink a couple pale ales. Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

My sleepy head and I went out the door at 05:08AM this morning with both doggies. Had a great run, despite the wind! Especially running to and on the dike was a strong wind. Cold too. Spike&Spooky were behaving. Did 8.4K.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

scheduled rest day today. Glad for the sleep

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

6K today. Spike was behaving pretty well. Did stay behind sometimes for some niffing and digging but when I called he'd come running after Spook and me. Spooky was running through every rain puddle she could find. That dog doesn't even want to come close to a stream, but rain puddles.... that's her thing. Spike on the other hand does his best to tip toe around every bit of water on the road. Guess if your legs are that short, a rain puddle must seem like a lake Smile That pace bunny is getting away from me Confused

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

I hope I get my mileage in this weekend...it was supposed to be 7 today, 12 tomorrow, but they are calling for freezing rain mixed with snow tonight and tomorrow. Going to try for the 12 today despite my cough and hope for SOMETHING tomorrow Never going to catch that bunny if it doesnt stop icing!

A Saucy Wench

12.55 this morning Well....more like 12 running and .55 nordic It started icing over at about the 9 mile mark, dropped our pace and slid around for awhile then headed to the baseball fields to try running on grass. The track was still ice free - usually that ices first- so finished up my 12 on the track and then slid home doing a move that really looked like x-country skiing

...---...

The bunny is caught in the spring...when he/she stops to smell the flowers and raids my vegetable garden.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

The bunny is caught in the spring...when he/she stops to smell the flowers and raids my vegetable garden.
                          and hides easter eggs Big grin Today I first took both doggies out for a 9.22K easy run. Spike was on leash for the 2nd half of the run to avoid hanging 'round the mud fields. Spooky mostly stayed close to me. Dropped Spike off at home. Watered both dogs. And myself, incl. a bathroom visit. Then left again to finish my run. Spooky and I ran an additional 13.61K. I was about 1.4K short as I had planned on a 24K total. Never mind, will all work out in the end. My legs were pretty tired at the end. I tried to avoid running into the strong wind as best as I could. My average HR for both runs was about the same, as was my stride and cadence (I have a Polar that measures all that). Which I thought was strange cause I thought I was running a little faster with both dogs than running with Spooky only. That darn bunny is still ahead of me.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

6.35 today HAH! I caught that damn bunny...now to pin his ears to the floor.