2000Km-1243 mile club

JUNE 2016: show yourselves :) (Read 6 times)

Dutchie42

INJURY!!!!! Both my adductors (longus, I think) !!! I think it's from the soccer. I noticed significant stiffness in the groin area. Yesterday I wanted to stretch and with my normal enthusiasm went into a runner's lunge. Well, that literally made me scream. I had no idea it was that bad.

Since I missed my runs last week due to late onset of soreness (read: bad case of DOMS didn't set in till day 2) I really wanted to run today. I choose the TM because of the stiffness I was experiencing (and yesterday's rather painful lunge).

I never warm up, I just start running easy. Not a good idea. I had to limit my speed to 8km/h @ 0% and do 60 sec R/60 sec walk. I wanted to get 3K in to start with, but because I was soooo much slower, and it was already a little late, I only managed 2.56K in 24:30min Last 6 min I could go for slightly longer: 90 sec R/60 sec W. I had no idea this was more serious than stiffness/DOMS. I very carefully "stretched" after my run.

Next run is planned for Wednesday. I'll do a proper warmup first before hopping on the TM. I don't think going outside is a good idea right now. At least the TM will help me regulate my pace, keep me on a flat surface and if things go bad, I can just hop off and be home.

ETA: did some searching on google. Looks like it's a groin strain both left and right.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

Run roh!!!!! Speedy healing, Dutchie!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

How's the injury Dutchie? The wednesday run go OK?

Been a bit slack forum wise.  Still been running. Expanding my "empire". Had another runner in my area that captured some of my empire recently so had to do a retaliatory strike to claim it back.  Certainly helps the motivation in the middle of winter.

Running has been going great although I had a cold last week which wiped out two running days.  Blitzed the pace bunny and have gone past 1000km.

I see PerfesserR is nearly half way through the western states 100.  You can track him here http://ultralive.net/ws100#

He is number 97

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Thanks for the link, Puke! Hope he's having the time of his life out there - gotta be surreal - going after such a long held dream.

I love that you're having such fun with the running app.

We hiked a few hours today in gorgeous weather - 6 hilly miles - calves and knees are feeling a little achey.  Feel so decrepit, BUT am planning and plotting my comeback.

We hiked a few hours today in gorgeous weather - 6 hilly miles - calves and knees are feeling a little achey.  Feel so decrepit, BUT am planning and plotting my comeback.

My calves are always achy.  And now my left achilles is making it's presence known. Nothing major though.

2x10km runs planned tomorrow. Should be fun

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Dutchie42

Puke: I choose to run on Thursday, giving my adductors a little extra rest. I did better than on Tuesday.

Today I did my third run of the week and again I was doing better. I'm hopeful by the end of next week the adductors are both back to normal working order I'm still careful running, taking my intervals up to 7 x 3min R/60sec W and stretching straight after running, easing into my adductor stretches slowly. I made it close to 4 kilometers this time. If all goes well I should be able to run 5 kilometers again next Sunday.

I do plan to run outside from here on. I hope that's going to work with my healing injury.

Puke: what's winter like where you are? Is it freezing cold or milder? I guess the app makes running more of a game to get more territory. I doubt anyone around here has the app. Otherwise it would be fun to do.

Perfesser is still on course, and already has 21h25 in the bag and has covered 78 miles. I wonder how he's feeling? I think I would've died a long time ago

Happy: when do you start your comeback?

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Puke: I choose to run on Thursday, giving my adductors a little extra rest. I did better than on Tuesday.

Today I did my third run of the week and again I was doing better. I'm hopeful by the end of next week the adductors are both back to normal working order I'm still careful running, taking my intervals up to 7 x 3min R/60sec W and stretching straight after running, easing into my adductor stretches slowly. I made it close to 4 kilometers this time. If all goes well I should be able to run 5 kilometers again next Sunday.

I do plan to run outside from here on. I hope that's going to work with my healing injury.

Puke: what's winter like where you are? Is it freezing cold or milder? I guess the app makes running more of a game to get more territory. I doubt anyone around here has the app. Otherwise it would be fun to do.

Perfesser is still on course, and already has 21h25 in the bag and has covered 78 miles. I wonder how he's feeling? I think I would've died a long time ago

Awesome!!! coming back slowly Dutchie.  Looking forward to following your progress.

Winter is mild here in NZ.  Although it has been very wet lately.  Ran 10 km to work this morning in torrential rain.  Then had a 10 km run home in the afternoon in the same conditions :-(  At least it doesn't snow here.

PerfesserR did amazing.  Couldn't imagine running that far on hilly trail.  Planning on entering a 100 miler here in NZ in 2018.  My reasoning is that I have to run 100 miles on something that isn't a 400 m track........

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

I've been testing the waters already. My calf seems surprisingly healed, although its sister is a malcontent.  Anyway, I've decided that now is as good a time as any to get back in the game.  I've noticed that I get a lot of the same aches and pains with NOT running as I do WITH running. So Rest won't solve any of that and I'm hoping that having a training plan with a Purpose will bolster my resolve to do better in other areas like eating, sleeping, etc.