2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 25 February (Read 289 times)

Dutchie42

DISCLAIMER: this was on the TM at 0% incline Should've done a doggie fun run today, but winds were up to 55km/h with gusts up to 100km/h. When I walked the dogs, the wind blew me aside a couple of times. Twice I lost my balance because of the wind. So treadmill it was today. Which I really wasn't in the mood for. Postman brought my new tights: CW-x Stabilyx. My son told me my legs looked very streamlined wearing those. Now I really wasn't in the mood for the TM. I wanted to go outside! But with those winds, guess better not. Anyways, on the TM I ran 5min@9km/h, 2min@9.5km/h - walkbreak till HR was at 130 again. @10km/h till 2K - walkbreak @10km/h till 3K - walkbreak @10km/h till 4K - walkbreak @10Km/h till 5K, could I continue till 6K without a walkbreak? Come on woman, get out of your comfort zone. Yes I can. Can I make it till 7K? Ofcourse I can. How about 8K? I'm flying. I'm in sync with the music. I'm smiling. I'm laughing out loud. Can I continue up to 9K? Oh yeah. OMG, that's 5K@10km/h without stopping. What about 10K? YES, 6K continuous running @10km/h.That's a record for me. I think. I finished my run @9K per hour for another 500 meters. I ran a total of 10.5K in 1h04:03. I feel great.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Yoohoo Aaron, I'm on your tail again. Watch out... Clowning around

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

8.23 mile progression run today. My friend is tapering for a 30K so it was the best way to both do tempo, we slowly worked up to her 30K pace and then she cooled down and I kept going to my 10K pace. Would have been more fun without the cabernet sauvignon I had last night Dead

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Anxiously awaiting Trey's race report!!!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Y'all are funny. Thanks. It was a great day. Chip Time = 00:58:21 (~9:29 pace). Dude!!!! Not bad for a 40 year old who started running on Sept 30th this past year. The male winner in my age group finished in 35:52; The overall winner finished in 30:56. Whoa! This was a championship race with cash prizes so, uh, the feild was fast to say the least. After 1/2 mile into the run, I accidentially caught up with 2 of my neighbors - one of whom had just BQ'd at the Jacksonville marathon recently. Those guys kept me on pace and in conversation which helped alot. For fear that I would need to find a porta-john within 2 min of the starting gun, I layed off oatmeal and bananas this morning. Had a cereal bar, bottle of water, coffee, and some juice instead. At mile 5, there was a beast of a hill that I knew would be tough. I didn't exactly fly over it but I slayed the dragon and stayed on pace. The last mile was pretty much down hill so after I crested the beast and caught my breath, I amped it up some at 5.5 and at 6.0 miles, I kicked in the after burners (a last minute decision in trying to finish under 58:00)...but hey, I didn't think I would have finished in less than 1:05 much less under an hour. I very pleased. Beautiful day, mild temps and sunshine, good company...shaking things out with a couple miles the day before and taking a loose warm up right before helped tremendously (MTA: thanks Ennay!). Love the Garmin 205 too by the way. People around me were asking "hey, what distance is it? What's the pace?"...awesome. I uploaded a map of the course with elevation (Reedy River 10K) in case you're bored. Have a great weekend all! Now, it's time for a cold pale ale or something...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Very nice Trey!

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice Job Trey! Next up--ING Georgia? Hope to see you there. I don't suppose I could talk you into bringing Hobbes? Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Yoohoo Aaron, I'm on your tail again. Watch out... Clowning around
                  You motivated me to go the extra distance. 9mi on the treadmill today. Now I'm hungry. Great job on the 10k Trey! Congratulations! The LA marathon is tomorrow and it passes not too far from my house. I'm going to get up early(for me anyways) tomorrow and run by the course and cheer on the people running it.
                  Dutchie42

Great race Trey! And a PR! Congrats! Wink Love reading race reports. How was the beer? And the next and the next?

Dutchie

...---...

Nice Job Trey! Next up--ING Georgia? Hope to see you there. I don't suppose I could talk you into bringing Hobbes? Wink
                      Yes, ING in Atlanta, I'm already registered and am getting excited. If the hotel allows pets, we'll consider bringing Hobbes; however, I'm not sure if he could handle seeing thousands of runners getting ready to go for a run. He would go NUTS wanting to join in. Wife and I will be staying at the Marriott close to the CNN center. Thanks to everyone else for the kind words. Last night a group that ran yesterday's race gathered at a guys house - he brews his own. Man, free good beer (a red, american pale, and imperial IPA on tap) and great food.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

First run with both doggies. Tough but fun run. Winds were predicted to be 38-50km/h (25-31mph) with gusts up to 70km/h (45mph). Inbetween the trees it was dangerous. Lots of broken off branches. Through the open fields running to the dike, it was soooo difficult to go forward. I was blown aside by the gusts and sometimes literally was stopped running cause the winds were so strong. But when we got to the dike. Man it was spectular. I now had the wind from the side and slightly in my back. The water was crashing with high waves onto the dike, spraying all over the bike path. Doggies sure didn't like it. It was absolutely spectacular. I've never been on the dike in these circumstances and it was amazingly thrilling. Well it couldn't last cause we had to go off the dike and thru the tree tunnel back home. Jeez the damage was much worse than I expected. Trees were uprooted, big branches were broken off, one tree was literally snapped in two. Wow. Lots of smaller branches and twigs were littering the bike path. I was very aware of every creak and crack I heard up above. Once we were back in the residential area, the winds weren't so bad anymore. Second run with Spooky only. After dropping Spike off at home, a bathroom stop for me and a gel, Spooky and I headed out again. This time we were headed for a different section of the dike. Again the fields and the way to the dike was tough running. It felt like the winds had even picked up. Dark clouds were heading our way. Once we got on the dike, I was faced with a decision: I had a stretch of 3.5K ahead of me that would mean running straight into the wind. It would be tough. I figured if I didn't like it anymore, I could turn around and run back with the wind in my back. Clever, right? 3.5K till we got to the bend in the dike. Once we would be around the bend, the wind would be in my back. I hoped. Jeez, this was so hard. I was constantly fighting the wind, being blown aside a little. Spooky wasn't too happy either. We stopped often and walked, just to recover. After about 2.5K I could take a left and leave the dike. I looked ahead, there was the bend. I could see it. I was tired. No no no, we were heading for the bend. We struggled on. It was hard. Why did I pick this route? Why didn't I just step on the TM after the first run? I have before? But nooooo, I had to do this. Once we were around the bend, we had the wind in our back!!! Yeah! That made for speedy running. At the next opportunity to leave the dike, we actually did. I didn't want to go through the tree tunnel with all those toppled trees. Once we were running through the fields again, I really felt how tired I was. The wind was taking it's toll. And yesterday's hard run also had an effect ofcourse. Anyways, found a rhythm and we ran for home. I'd stop on top of the bridge, unfortunately, my legs thought differently, they just kept going. Weird huh? I didn't stop running till I got to the corner of my street. I really had to make myself stop. I was exhausted. Spooky not so much so. As soon as we were in the door she was rough playing with Spike. ETA: both runs totalled 26.4K. Not the 27.5K I had planned, but given the circumstances, I think I did really well.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Hey Aaron, I was so wickedly fast this morning that you didn't see me did you Clowning around

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

13.3 this morning. Sunny and cold.

Imminent Catastrophe

13.3 this morning. Sunny and cold.
                              What a coincidence--I did 13.3 also. First long run in 6 wks and I felt it, legs tired toward the end. Beautiful day.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Trey- Congrats on the PR. I got in 5 miles today, which didn't feel great, I'm having some lingering/persistent calf and lower leg tightness , but it felt good to get it in and stay ahead Evil grin Smile

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.