3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2013 Racing Thread (Read 60 times)

Well, I'm done sitting around, feeling sorry for myself.  Gonna volunteer at the 15km I was hoping to crush next weekend.  I have a couple friends I run with, and the three of us were going to go after sub-60 together.  Well, I'll just be cheering myself hoarse instead.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

MilkTruck, Sept 22, Portland Trails 10K, 10K, Portland ME, 45:30

Posted a 45:52 on a rainy, blustery day.

I'm not disappointed with that...heavy rain early AM turned the stone dust / dirt path from miles 2 - 4 into a mud track, I think my shoes weighed approx 4.3 lbs at the finish.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive      Sept 21     Chase The sun Ultra      6 hour     Savannah, Ga.   31 Miles  and once again, torture the husbandSmile

A nice race well run race for a good cause --- research for a cure of Lymphatic Malformation.   Finish 

medal is a bottle openerSmile  The weather was not too bad since we were in the shade for most of each loop.

The official results haven't been posted but according to garmin I finished 17 laps = 31.79 miles.  

Only fell once.  Damn roots.

My husband was tortured.  He finished with 16 laps = 29.92 miles after being ahead of me the

entire race until the second to the last lap.  Just think what he could do if he actually trained and ran

more than twice a week.

steph  

I will let him know and yeah itt was great to watch. Took the sting out of missing the marathon. just you wait until yours start racing  great feeling

+1  Awesome job to you and CR-Jr this weekend.  And, yes, you better get your a$$ moving because he's on your heels.

Who Date Event Distance Where Goal Result Comments
            pfetro SEP 15 Bucktown 5k 5km Chicago IL
            17:30    
            pfetro SEP 22 Running with the Bulldogs 5k
            5km Chicago Burbs
            17:30    
            pfetro SEP 28
            Park Ridge Classic
            5km Chicago IL 16:45    

A good string of races after my rough half marathon:

Sep 15 - 17:19 for 4th overall on a rainy day in trainers

Sep 22 - 16:24 for 3rd overall on a near perfect day in flats - PR!

Sep 28 - 16:36 for 12th overall on a decent day in flats - Out too fast and blew up - 2nd Age Group, 2nd fastest 5k ever

Feeling the growl again

Sep 28 - 16:36 for 12th overall on a decent day in flats - Out too fast and blew up - 2nd Age Group, 2nd fastest 5k ever

Pardon my French but holy shit dude!  That has been a long time coming, congrats!!

I need to get my ass in gear before you show up at the same race as me again....dang.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Sweet!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Yes I'd say you had a 'good string of races', to put it mildly.  Congrats!

Thanks Guys - surprisingly enough this is off of less than ideal training and still with some minor injury issues lingering.  Needless to say, I'm kind of excited about the possibilities if I can put together a few months of better training and get a little healthier.

Wow!  I'd say that's a nice string of races.  Nice work and keep it rollin.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks Guys - surprisingly enough this is off of less than ideal training and still with some minor injury issues lingering.  Needless to say, I'm kind of excited about the possibilities if I can put together a few months of better training and get a little healthier.

Well now need to throw down.  Perhaps you need to show up for the Indy Mini Training Series 5K in late January and go 1-to-1 with me.  IIRC I was around 16:21 last year before I got injured, I hope to be better than that in 2014.  Shall we take this to the challenge thread?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well now need to throw down.  Perhaps you need to show up for the Indy Mini Training Series 5K in late January and go 1-to-1 with me.  IIRC I was around 16:21 last year before I got injured, I hope to be better than that in 2014.  Shall we take this to the challenge thread?

This is temping - would be fun to actually be competitive with you instead of getting my ass kicked!  I'm considering doing the Carlbad Half Marathon in late January (19th I think) so if it doesn't conflict I would be pretty interested.

That is some awesome progress!  Keep it up!

kcam

I did take a peek at your log and thought to myself well that's the difference between plodders like myself and some of the thoroughbreds on this forum.  Can do some racing like that off very much (at least to my thinking) less than ideal training.  I can only wish ...  Good luck and keep motivated AND injury-free!

Thanks flatfooter, Ken and Mike.  Ken, I wouldn't consider you a plodder by any means!