3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

C-R

This isn't for facebook, but I am okay sharing it here, but I am 13 weeks pregnant, and it's taking a lot more out of me than I anticipated as the fatigue and nausea are quite unrelenting (and being pregnant was quite unexpected so I didn't understand why I felt so rubbish for the first 6 weeks).

Yay Hoppity and your hubby. That is so awesome and congratulations!

I can't add much of anything other than best wishes on the pregnancy and make your husband go out for funny food even if you don't want it since he'll do anything you wish. I did see a lady at the track last week running and she was about 20 weeks so there is some hope if your physician allows.

Again congrats. Super stuff.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks C-R.  I am trying to make the husband do stuff for me, but having made him board the loft and now asking for a new kitchen I am holding back on the food requests for a few weeks!

The doctor and midwife are happy for me to run again now.  I just had to take it easy for a few days after having (unplanned and therefore quite stressful) CVS.  Looking forward to sore calf muscles after I use my legs a bit tomorrow.  I've been walking 6-7 miles a day, but it isn't the same!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

It's hard not to post totally relevant photos each day at the moment, but I am really not happy (no objection to others doing it) with putting scan pics or my slightly not flat stomach pics on facebook for all to see at the moment.  Maybe I'll come round to it as time goes on, I don't know.  It's just fear of having it all so public that worries me.  Says she who has posted on an internet forum about it.

It's a very personal decision.  If you want to keep it private, keep it private.  I'm glad you shared with us but it's totally your decision.  Sometimes the whole social media thing is too much.

I tried opening a Twitter account for work and that lasted all of ten minutes, haven't logged on since.  Just too much for me.

Kids...especially first ones...are exciting but I totally get the fear thing.  Take care of you and the little one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Kids...especially first ones...are exciting but I totally get the fear thing.  Take care of you and the little one.

+1 to all of this.

Hopefully you will soon be able to relax and enjoy 

steph  

bhearn

Wow, congratulations, Hoppity!

Thanks bhearn, and thanks Tea and Spaniel for understanding the fear thing. 

On the social media front, despite being someone who embraces it (e.g. RA and my photo a day on facebook) I am also quite in control of what I engage in, what I actually share about myself and what I walk away from. In terms of privacy, it is strange, I just find it more personal sharing with friends on here than I do sticking a scan pic up and getting lots of likes...especially when so much of my thoughts at the moment are of fear/worry rather than anything else.  It's not private to announce it on here, but it is more directed (in my head). I am an on-off Twitter user, but mainly to tweet boring work-relevant stuff, but I just can't engage in it to the extent others do.  I don't actually have the time to conduct my life through twitter either, which seems to be what some people can manage.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Yesterday I was easing myself back into running after being down and out a few days with sinus/lung issues.  Relaxing in the evening felt fine one moment, very NOT fine the next.  Don't know if it was food poisoning from some leftovers at lunch or one real nasty GI bug, but by morning I was considering whether I needed to go into the ER for an IV.  I can finally sit up for short amounts of time.  Looks like I'm sidelined for a few more days until I build some strength.

It's only February and I've been sick all but a few days of the month, I'm already going to fall way short on the monthly mileage challenge.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Forget the mileage challenge. Get healthy man. I had one day of that but I think I know the root cause. Forced me to run inside with multiple interruptions.

Anyway. I get the social media thing Hop. I twitter for work but am not very consistent. I am amazed at all of the data our there and people that have time to do that instead of constructive work. I won't call it information since most of it is just noise. I'm also very selective about what I put on the web. Shoot I even stopped having my runs show up as I think it was getting annoying for others to read. Now I do post the beers I drink on twitter via Untappd. Of course this is very important for the general education of the world and such.

Damn it all people - get healthy so we can hammer some races.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Get healthy asap, Spaniel.  Sounds like a true sucky situation.

Beer intake and info is hugely important to share.  I agree.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sorry, Spaniel.  Not the best way to start the year off.  Hope you're well soon!

steph  

Congrats Hoppity!  I think every parent is really paranoid when expecting and agree with Spaniel especially the first.  Even after they are born it's normal to be overly cautious and then at some point you start to relax.  Regarding running, I don't think my wife ran much at all until after the first trimester, but then ran up until 14 days before having our first .  And she has gotten faster after each kid, going from a 3:50 marathon PR our first now down to 3:18 after our second.

Hang in there Spaniel.  Keep close tabs on the lung stuff, way too many people winding up in the hospital for pneumonia recently.  BTW, are the hip/sciatica issues cleared up?

Feeling the growl again

Hang in there Spaniel.  Keep close tabs on the lung stuff, way too many people winding up in the hospital for pneumonia recently.  BTW, are the hip/sciatica issues cleared up?

Hip stuff has not been an issue for a few months.  I can still feel something once in awhile but very little.  I think the nerve adhesion may have finally snapped loose.  Now to just put together enough training to actually test it.

My boy is now puking...another long night ahead...one kid and DW to go I guess...

My boy is now puking...another long night ahead...one kid and DW to go I guess...

Ouch.  On the bright side at least you are not all puking at once.  Last year everyone was puking but me one night.  I'm not sure what was worse - making the mess or cleaning it up...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck 

mta:   My youngest is going on 26 so I have to admit that I miss that sort of thing.

Once in a while.

steph