3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Are y'all taking in newbies? (Read 551 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, like, I am back home from the holidays now. All I have done since I got here is cook. Lasagna and scalloped potatoes tonight. Beef and noodles with homeade noodles tomorrow. I can run a couple of miles while supper is a bakin', kk?

Unless I get to eat any of that food, it doesn't count for training.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

It's Indiana. We all live right off an interstate.

I laughed.  Because it is true

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

and...we were supposed to ask to join? 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hawt and sexy

I don't know. I think I was here from the get go, so I think I was grandmothered in.

Now that you mention it, there were a ton of interstates in Indiana. I guess I thought that was for the quick getaways.

Oh, and peeps can always come over to eat. I cook a lot of foods. It takes a ton of calories to run and stuff.

I guess I should log some of the miles I run again. But then, if I log them, do they become real?

I'm touching your pants.

Dude,that eye is following me everywhere. Me skered.

It's a nice eye really, or at least it tries to be.  My penguin hat has eyes too.

It's telling you what you want it to tell you, so yeah, maybe it's saying to train.  It's telling me I'm a weak wuss for not running this morning.

And yeah, you don't blow sunshine up arses here, but you don't bully too much either.  Or not nasty bullying.  Or maybe I'm just not noticing you all beating on me.

Runs are only real if they're logged. 

How close to the interstate is right off the interstate, even if there are a ton of interstates in the state?  I guess we all must live right off the motorway over here, given that we have quite a few motorways and a not very big country.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

How close to the interstate is right off the interstate, even if there are a ton of interstates in the state?  I guess we all must live right off the motorway over here, given that we have quite a few motorways and a not very big country.

Well I would counter that C-R is not right off the interstate.  You can't see it from his house and it does take several miles to get there.  Me, I could describe to you which porch light is mine as you drive past on the interstate and you wouldn't miss it.  About 250-300 yards from my property to the interstate.  From the time I post this until I am on the interstate headed for work will be about 3 minutes, and I don't have my coat on yet.

Interstates in Indiana are weird.  It's like a wagon wheel pattern.  If you are traveling to or from Indianapolis it's great because there is one that goes almost everywhere.  However, if you are anywhere else in the state they can be useless...few/none that go east/west or north/south unless you want to detour through Indy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Welcome MilkTruck. They apparently aren't too picky about who they let in since they let me join. Spaniel did make me run a Beer Mile. I'm not sure if that was an initiation or not.

I haven't run yet in 2012. I've either had some kind of stomach bug or my wife tried to poison me with bad food. Sunday night my body decided it wanted everything out. I was finally able to eat something this morning.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I haven't run yet in 2012. I've either had some kind of stomach bug or my wife tried to poison me with bad food. Sunday night my body decided it wanted everything out. I was finally able to eat something this morning.

Or it was because you laid it out on the line in December.  Wink

A Saucy Wench

All that December running really pissed off the wife, eh?

All that December running really pissed off the wife, eh?

My thoughts too. 

Hope you can eat more and feel better very soon, ra. 

Spaniel's definition of close to the interstate is similar to my idea of it.  Your interstates seem similar to our motorways in their usefulness relative to location too.  The place I work for some of the year (the place is a city and has a big university, research park and shed loads of tourism near it) is ~60 miles (as the crow flies) from the nearest motorway...travelling there by road sucks because you do a large chunk of the journey on single lane carriageway, and if you travel there by train from where I actually live you have to go via London which also takes forever (well 4 hours) and costs a fortune (£120) considering the two cities are only 173 miles apart.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Sorry to hear this, hope you feel better soon.  All the new volume can be a punch in the junk for your immune system...I was very surprised we didn't see more illnesses coming on as people ramped up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

That eye is telling you: you should train.

Leave me out of this.

What should you do train?  I'm sure the eye is telling you something.

C-R, I showed you mine, can I see yours?

Hope you're feeling better ra.

C-R

C-R, I showed you mine, can I see yours?

As promised.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That is one very, very cool hat.  You have enough room to store things in it too.