3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Asshole.

Wink

Let us know how it turns out.

Yeah, asshole works.  The last step was pitching the yeast and I when I opened it it flipped over and dumped on the counter.  Luckily I had another pack of yeast.  So instead of an Irish Ale yeast I used American Ale.  Should be OK, just different.  I think that it's malty enough that the yeast takes a back seat anyway.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, asshole works.  The last step was pitching the yeast and I when I opened it it flipped over and dumped on the counter.  Luckily I had another pack of yeast.  So instead of an Irish Ale yeast I used American Ale.  Should be OK, just different.  I think that it's malty enough that the yeast takes a back seat anyway.

Dude, it will taste wonderful.  I can't wait until I have time to mess with that...like, in 4-5 years.  Right now I am trying to figure out what I will NOT do next year, that I did this year, to make life balance.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Dude, it will taste wonderful.  I can't wait until I have time to mess with that...like, in 4-5 years.  Right now I am trying to figure out what I will NOT do next year, that I did this year, to make life balance.

I know it will.  It's beer.  I'm really not pissed at all.  Probably would have been if I didn't have another pack of yeast.  I am going to the city tomorrow which would have meant that I had to get to the beer supply store when they open, come home, pitch yeast, then high tail it to Brooklyn.  Mrs Potato Head would not have liked that idea, which would have added fuel to the fire.

And BTW one of the home brews I had tonight was that coffee porter that I brewed in September.  Cripes it is tasty.  I have a couple of cases of that stuff.

It was beautiful tonight.  The wife went out.  No kids.  Just brewed a batch of beer and relaxed.  Now that the kids are grown up it's nice to have some free time.  You'll get there, but enjoy the kids while they are young because it goes quicker than you think.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

enjoy the kids while they are young because it goes quicker than you think.

No kidding.  My oldest just asked for a shotgun.  A red one.

She is four.

I am so proud.  <<SNIFF>>

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Now that the kids are grown up it's nice to have some free time.  You'll get there, but enjoy the kids while they are young because it goes quicker than you think.

That's for darn sure.  On both counts.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Tater, I just got back from 21st Amendment, pleasantly buzzed.  I had the Black Cat Belgian style and then a Doubel Triple....or was it Triple Double....anyways, the one that mixes Belgian with IPA. I friggin' hate IPAs but I found the description of the mix intriguing and thought the two may balance well, and did it ever.  Of course 9% ABV didn't hurt either, I nursed that one quite awhile.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Won't make it to Russion River without a car but this was worth the 30min wait for a cab and 30min cab ride.

Now I have to get my ass out the door for a 17-miler over the Golden Gate in the morning to burn this off....

Prince of Fatness

Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome.  Russian River was my favorite place to visit while there but 21st Amendment was good.  Another good place is Marin Brewing Co.  Not sure if that is too far away for you.  It's probably about 5 miles or so north of the Golden Gate Bridge.  We had dinner there and enjoyed it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

My co-workers are bastards and took off before I could hook up a dinner.  So I picked up some food from CVS and stopped by a beer store next to the hotel.  I just finished a large bottle of Arrogant Bastard (felt bad I could not find time to visit Rogue while here).  Now I have cracked a "Pranqster" belgian style golden ale from North Coast Brewing...local places all the way.

It's a bit like a Belgian....but it's no Chimay.

My co-workers are bastards and took off before I could hook up a dinner.  So I picked up some food from CVS and stopped by a beer store next to the hotel.  I just finished a large bottle of Arrogant Bastard (felt bad I could not find time to visit Rogue while here).  Now I have cracked a "Pranqster" belgian style golden ale from North Coast Brewing...local places all the way.

It's a bit like a Belgian....but it's no Chimay.

I have a CVS right next to my job.  I am not proud of how much of my "food" comes from there. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

I drank the last bottle of the New Belgium Abbey Belgium-style ale.  I don't know what happened to it, but it tasted exactly like the nasty stuff I made with a Mr. Beer kit.

Prince of Fatness

I'm already ready to start this long weekend off with some cold ones.  I have plenty of home brew and other craft beers waiting for me at home.  First I will get a run in and some core work.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I'm already ready to start this long weekend off with some cold ones.  I have plenty of home brew and other craft beers waiting for me at home.  First I will get a run in and some core work.

Leave it to my boss to schedule a 2pm 1:1 leading into a holiday....

I'm actually low on beer at home.  All I have is a case of Moose Drool. 

Drink less, run more.  Idiocy, I know.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm pretty sure I still owe you some beer from the keg. Let me know when you want me to bring some over. Or you can head over here if you want. I can highly recommend the Bell's Amber Ale.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I'll be in my garage this afternoon brewing up 5 gallons of milk stout.  If you are in the area stop by.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I'll be in my garage this afternoon brewing up 5 gallons of milk stout.  If you are in the area stop by.

Epic brew day.  Cripes.

Not at it at all.