3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

MTA: Has anyone invited that butthurt dude in the main board beer thread to share his thoughts here?

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Don't get me started.

+1.

The bitch of it around here is that the drivers behind the continuation of the Sunday alcohol sales ban are not the religious folk or anything....it is the major distributors and big liquor store chains who don't want to have to pay staff for 7 days a week vs 6.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

MTA: Has anyone invited that butthurt dude in the main board beer thread to share his thoughts here?

Nah, the dude clearly has far too high of an opinion on his 200 word beer evaluations.  Besides, Coors DOES suck.  That's why I bought a case of Miller last week when I was in the mood for cheap swill.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

I don't really think there is anything that needs to be said about a beer that can't be said in 10-20 words.

As to Sunday sales here - I'm pretty fine with not having Sunday sales because brewers and winemakers can sell anything made onsite. It gives the locals just that little extra hometeam advantage.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Interesting but I thought that you only drank stouts?

For the most part, but I'm trying to expand my horizons. Plus, Stouts aren't that easy to drink in the summer. Although detoxing might be the better option

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I would drink that

Is there anything you wouldn't drink? I've seen some pretty scary stuff in your list. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Looks like Florida distribution only for that brewery.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

All you folks who wanted DL, I have a seller who is willing to unload a bottle for $50. If'n y'all wanna pool dollars, it might not be too much per person. People are saying '13 is the best yet.

Prince of Fatness

I have a seller who is willing to unload a bottle for $50.

Wow.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Founders Doom is yum.

Not at it at all. 

Founders Double Trouble on tap after my run yesterday afternoon. Excellent, hoppy but not off the hook. Do those guys ever make a bad beer?

Went out with the DW later and split a Sierra/Russian River Brux before dinner. It's an American Wild Ale, wasn't as tart as I expected -- guess I thought it would be similar to Geuze in that respect. Definitely a funky taste, well worth trying, although I don't know that I'd order it again with so many other Geuze/sour options to pick from.