3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

I brewed a 5 gallon batch of an Arrogant Bastard clone yesterday.  7 ounces of hops.  Yummy.  My helpers were thirsty, as I went through a case of milk stout.  The milk stout was very tasty and a low ABV (4.4%).  Perfect.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

I brewed a 5 gallon batch of an Arrogant Bastard clone yesterday.  7 ounces of hops.  Yummy.  My helpers were thirsty, as I went through a case of milk stout.  The milk stout was very tasty and a low ABV (4.4%).  Perfect.

what makes a milk stout "milk"? I hope not .... milk! I will trust your judgement.

Huffsbrau is turning out, and likely around 4.3%. Broke my hydrometer in the recent move. Keep breaking those things. 

Anyhow, lid blew off the HOT beer last night, and it is going like mad right not. Just 1 oz. of hops, bittering only in that one. but. A.A. was 12.2%, so it will be enough as far as that go. the 16 serranos are what make it "hot". and the two habaneros, too. 

Prince of Fatness

what makes a milk stout "milk"? I hope not .... milk! I will trust your judgement.

I added a pound of lactose toward the end of the boil.  The yeast cannot ferment it, so the FG finishes a little high (around 1.020 for me).  It does add a "milky" mouthfeel and is just a little sweet, but not too much.  Compliments the roasted barley nicely.  I love milk stouts.

Lactose.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I think that I will brew some beer tonight.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think I will drink some beer tonight.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've been using this lately to document my drinks and to see what friends are drinking. Kinda fun.

Prince of Fatness

I think I will drink some beer tonight.

Yes, that too.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've been using this lately to document my drinks and to see what friends are drinking. Kinda fun.

I've been using Pintley, but I don't really like it as much since their last major update. I'll have to check that one out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've been using Pintley

Wow.

It requires instructions to use. Video instructions.

When I'm enjoying beer, I need something simple. Untappd is it.

Prince of Fatness

When I'm enjoying beer, I need something simple

That would be the beer in itself.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

Anyone tried a Heady Topper from Alchemist (Waterbury VT) yet ?  I hear good things to raves, but haven't been over that way in the past few months to snag some.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Infographic for you hop heads...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

I only fit in one of those categories....maybe two

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Prince of Fatness

I only fit in one of those categories....maybe two

Yeah, me too.  I guess that I am not a beer snob after all.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I think that I will brew some beer tonight.

The mash is going now.  Damn it smells good.  Of course I am drinking homebrew while I work.

Not at it at all.