3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

C-R

A guy from Jersey knows more about our package stores than we do. Boys - we need to step up our game or go back on the porch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Google is your friend.  And at least I have been to Kahn's, the last one standing as a matter of fact.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks Finn. At least they still have the one on Keystone. 86th St was a little more convenient for me, but getting to Keystone isn't too bad.

Looks like Big Red is getting pretty aggressive with their acquisitions. They didn't really make the two stores in Brownsburg any worse, just not really any better. I've been to some of their other stores and they have OK selections. Each store tends to have a slightly different selection.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I would drink Hop Up Offa That Brett

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/05/sun-king-popcorn-pilsner-coming-515-hop.html

I'd drink the Port Barrel Wee Mac 

I'm sure Spaniel can run out at lunch time and grab us some. Cause he has nothing better to do.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I'm sure Spaniel can run out at lunch time and grab us some. Cause he has nothing better to do.

Shit I didn't notice the Wee Mac (but did see your post in the drinkers forums).

Yeah, I'd drink that one too.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Let me check my calendar.  I probably can.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Have any of you heard of Off Color Brewing, I think from Chicago? Just tried their barrel aged honey ale at a bar in Lower Manhattan....had never heard of them, it was delicious.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Here is you answer on Kahn's.

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/dining/2014/04/15/kahns-closes-downtown-location/7739039/

I'm guessing this is for the former Kahn's location.

Join us on Friday, May 9th from 5-7 p.m. for the GRAND OPENING of our new store downtown.

Exclusive Big Red Liquors Wine Tasting
                    Johnnie Walker Blue Engraving & Tasting
                    Woodford Reserve & Gentleman Jack Bottle Engraving
                    Captain Morgan White Mojitos
                    Ketel One Moscow Mules
                    Casamigos Blanco and Repo
                    Chapmans, Flat 12, Daredevil
                    MAKE YOUR OWN BROOKLYN COCKTAIL with High West Double Rye
                    Macallan & Highland Park Tasting

an amazing likeness

I'm in! Anyone want to join me ?

http://craftbrewraces.com/about/

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

hmph.  ea st coast centric.  we had something like that here but it closed out early. I like that all the beer is at the finish.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hmmm. Very interesting. It would require taking a day off work, but it is very tempting.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

You should have gone to the Hunaphu release yesterday

I am happy to say that the Hunahpu that my buddy purchased made it safely to NJ this past weekend.  He was kind enough to open a bottle and I had a generous pour.  It is definitely a  hot, spicy, chewy stout.  The heat from the chilis was not overbearing.  Definitely could taste the cocoa and cinnamon in there.  This is the sort of beer where, while very tasty, one pour is enough.

Not at it at all. 

This is the sort of beer where, while very tasty, one pour is enough.

I disagree I love this beer and easily kill the entire 750mL solo

Prince of Fatness

I disagree I love this beer and easily kill the entire 750mL solo

Heh well maybe if you forced me and gave me some time.  It was just the two of us drinking the bottle so I did get halfway there I guess.

Not at it at all.