3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Wow. Why wait until so late?

Well, it is a little after 1 PM now, and I am at work.  I get out at 3:30.  Hour drive home.  Change.  Run.  That puts me at about 5:30 for a beer.

OK, so it's 4 - 4 and a half hours.

Not at it at all. 

Slo

4:40...Like clockwork.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

PBR is good pre-run fuel.

C-R

4:40...Like clockwork.

Beer will help with that shoulder.

Any more news on that front?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

PBR is good pre-run fuel.

Try some real BEER not that Milwaukee crap

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Beer will help with that shoulder.

Any more news on that front?

I still have no mobility. If there is any positive indicator it's that the feeling of instability went away. Now it just hurts like hell when if I try to extend my arm away from my body.

I'm still running and still biking with only minor discomfort. It sucks that I rented a locker at the Y with the plans to start swimming again this week.

an amazing likeness

Shoulders are complex beasts, Slo.  Trust me, I'm still getting PT and treatment from shoulder repair surgery over 24 months ago. As a matter of fact, the Dr is so concerned about rotater cuff damage, they are not planning the normal follow-up surgery to remove the temp hardware inserted when mine was damaged out of fear of rotater scarring leading to permanent range-of-motion problems. Capsulitis can haunt you for years.

Don't fall into the trap of messing around with self-treating a shoulder.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

Shoulders are complex beasts, Slo.  Trust me, I'm still getting PT and treatment from shoulder repair surgery over 24 months ago. As a matter of fact, the Dr is so concerned about rotater cuff damage, they are not planning the normal follow-up surgery to remove the temp hardware inserted when mine was damaged out of fear of rotater scarring leading to permanent range-of-motion problems. Capsulitis can haunt you for years.

Don't fall into the trap of messing around with self-treating a shoulder.

I hear ya...I had the right shoulder repaired in 2005. That was partially due to an overuse injury and trama when I decided that I still had enough piss and vinegar to kick box my sons Tae Kwon Do instructor.

Prince of Fatness

Just so Trent knows it was 5:45 when I cracked my first beer.  Now I am drinking this....

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude.

>100 IBUs.

Prince of Fatness

Dude.

>100 IBUs.

Which?

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Speaking of IBU's, I just opened this one.  It is the antithesis of a session beer.  Cripes, a hop smack right in the face.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Which?

Well, this one actually:

From my post in the Swamp:

> 100 IBUs.

11.5% ABV

A sucker punch to the face.

DAMN!

Prince of Fatness

Well, this one actually:

I'm glad that you tried it while it was fresh.  I had this a year or so ago and remember it being a slap in the face.  I haven't been bitch slapped by many beers but this is one.  It's tasty, but I have to sip it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yessir.  Drinking mine sloooowly. Halfway through the glass, been over an hour. The high alcohol does not help me drink it fast...