3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

an amazing likeness

I'm having a Brooklyn Lager from a can (gasp!)...what does that say about me...lord knows.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lotta great beers come in cans these days. They are cheaper to produce and use less gas to transport than glass. And really, they do not diminish the taste of the beer at all.

an amazing likeness

Yeah, we've got a couple small breweries up this way that are only doing cans -- they're pushing both the environmental and quality aspects. Example:

"Baxter Brewing Company is an eco-conscious brewery located in the historic Bates Mill in Lewiston, ME. Baxter Brewing, which offsets 100% of its electrical usage with clean, renewable American Wind energy, is the first brewery in the region to package absolutely all of its beer strictly in metal containers -– 12oz aluminum cans and stainless steel kegs -– and is believed to be the first brewery in the country to brew more than 5,000 barrels of beer in their first full calendar year of production (2011)."

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

Lotta great beers come in cans these days. They are cheaper to produce and use less gas to transport than glass. And really, they do not diminish the taste of the beer at all.

+1000.  It ain't like the old days where you seemingly tasted the can.  Maybe it was because the beer was crappy in the first place.  Anyway, I don't notice any difference between canned and bottled beer these days.  I have noticed that more craft beer is being offered in cans.  I prefer cans especially when I am outside working in the yard.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not bad.

Not at it at all. 

I've tried a couple of those Baxter Brewing Co. beers, and they were pretty damn good. No weird "can" taste at all.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sunday afternoon...

Can -> Glass -> Belly.

Prince of Fatness

It's cold out.  I have a fire in the fireplace.  What could be more appropriate?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I've tried a couple of those Baxter Brewing Co. beers, and they were pretty damn good. No weird "can" taste at all.

I think the key is that they've developed a better method of lining the cans.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I think the key is that they've developed a better method of lining the cans.

This.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Had my Double Bastard with a bowl of gumbo this evening to celebrate my double race weekend. Not sure if it's something I would normally buy for myself, but it was interesting. Definitely has a bit of a kick to it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Had my Double Bastard with a bowl of gumbo this evening to celebrate my double race weekend. Not sure if it's something I would normally buy for myself, but it was interesting. Definitely has a bit of a kick to it.

mmmmmmmmmmm sounds like the perfect ending to a GREAT race weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Yup.  That's about my impression of it.  Very occasionally I crave something with that kind of bite.

Very occasionally.

i've got two Corona Lights down so far.  I think I should open a bottle of this crappy spiced wine someone gave me to a) open up space in my full wine cellar for decent wine, and b) make me regulate my alcohol intake on a work night.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

i've got two Corona Lights down so far.

Sigh.  I'll get you drinking good beer yet.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Regulating alcohol intake is highly overrated. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.