3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

This brewery is good... have you had their  Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale.  I only found it once and the liquor store only had one bottle.  So I just had me a teaser...

I've had at least three varieties of Arrogant Bastard....regular, oaked, and double.  I liked them all.  In fact, I opened the drinking last night with a big bottle of the regular.  Then an Abita Turbodog.  Then a couple I brought that were from mbehr.  Then it was on to beer I should probably not admit to drinking.

It was a rough night, I think we turned in at 3am, and I had to be up at 6am to drive 90min home.  Ugh.

Well, the good news is that in the long run it will likely be good for the diet.  I have not felt like eating anything today...probably 300cal all day up to dinner...and I have no desire to drink beer again for awhile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Taking a break from the hops.  This will be it for today.  From the beer fairy.  Nice and malty.

Was it THIS good?

Prince of Fatness

Was it THIS good?

Heh, no, not quite.  Glad that you enjoyed the Heresy.  That one is a favorite of mine.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

This brewery is good... have you had their  Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale.  I only found it once and the liquor store only had one bottle.  So I just had me a teaser...

I enjoy most of what Stone has to offer and really like Arrogant Bastard, but the oaked version was somewhat of a disappointment.  It was good but I think that I was expecting it to be real good.  I should try it again.  I also have a bomber of Double Bastard in the basement.  It's been down there for a while ... maybe I should chill and drink that one.

Speaking of Stone, last weekend I shared a bomber of their 15th Anniversary Black IPA with some friends.  Mighty tasty.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

This was good. Won is enough.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A beer fairy brought me one of those last weekend. Gonna age it a bit before I drink it down.

obsessor

A beer fairy brought me one of those last weekend. Gonna age it a bit before I drink it down.

I have never had success with that technique.

Prince of Fatness

I have never had success with that technique.

I never thought that it was possible but you can amass beer faster than you can drink it.  It is possible to put bottles away to age.  You need to work harder at it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I never thought that it was possible but you can amass beer faster than you can drink it.  It is possible to put bottles away to age.  You need to work harder at it.

Right now I am about 350 bottles behind in my drinking.

Help please.

obsessor

Help please.

send beer. help is on its way.

Feeling the growl again

Help please.

A big dude with a funnel and a repeat of a beer on your list is all the help you need.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

The beer fairy got this for me because the name made him chuckle.  Not a bad pale at all.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

not bad

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yazoo Sly Rye Porter. Very very tasty. Me likey.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

not bad

Very nice.

Just had a Sawtooth Ale.  The wife is in the kegerator picking another Beer Mile booty beer to share as I type.