3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Whatever. It is now available in bombers. You'll get one of them.

The King of Beasts

Whatever. It is now available in bombers. You'll get one of them.

why would anyone want more Sue ?

Why ! 

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A1 once opened my fridge and saw a bottle of Sue. Pissed him off so much that he destroyed my whole fucking house. Using the hill behind the house. Bad. Ass.

Feeling the growl again

I need to start writing this shit down.

Untappd.  WhoDat corrupted me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Untappd.  WhoDat corrupted me.

I'm on there too.  Problem is that they are designed more for real time.  I do not have an iPhone or anything like that which means that I have to check in my beers later.  I am not very good at keeping up with that.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

A1 once opened my fridge and saw a bottle of Sue. Pissed him off so much that he destroyed my whole fucking house. Using the hill behind the house. Bad. Ass.

Tearing down hills, punching clowns in the throat, challenging Bigfoot on his home field. No wonder Chuck Norris calls A1 for backup.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

439. Stone IPA by Stone Brewing Co.

Speaking of Stone IPA's, my beer store has their 16th Anniversary IPA available in bombers.  OK, I will try it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Peeps all over the place are talking about that one. Do you happen to have my address?

Tho, don't kill yourself. As Jason says: "A muddled mess, somewhat tasty but way too many distractions and becomes almost too tea like or even soapy like I just walked through a The Body Shop. Over use of Amarillo with the addition of another high alpha acid hop does not work for me either. I can understand wanting to push to be different but if the pieces don't fall right then this is what you end up with."

Prince of Fatness

Peeps all over the place are talking about that one. Do you happen to have my address?

You can't get it there?  Sure, I'll send you one.

Overuse of Amarillo hops?  I did not think that was possible.  Anyway, given that review it sounds to me like the thing to do is to buy myself a couple, drink one right away and age one for a while.  I know that they say that IPA's should be had fresh but aging may help this one.  Given the 10% I would think that there is enough malt behind all of that other stuff to allow for aging.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Tho, don't kill yourself. As Jason says: "A muddled mess, somewhat tasty but way too many distractions and becomes almost too tea like or even soapy like I just walked through a The Body Shop. Over use of Amarillo with the addition of another high alpha acid hop does not work for me either. I can understand wanting to push to be different but if the pieces don't fall right then this is what you end up with."

Perhaps I am terminally unsophisticated, but every time I read a beer review like this I think "Dude, it's BEER.  Not French wine.  Like it, don't like it.  Be glad it's not Busch."

I can't even get that into it with wine.  Five rating levels on Untappd is almost too many for me to want to think about.  I just enjoy it.

Grunt.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

6 rating levels. Don't forget the 0 rating.

Prince of Fatness

Don't forget the 0 rating.

I haven't.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh. I actually gave that a 2.

My original rating scheme -

List is on untappd.com.

Looks like it started with a NB Hoptober. I rate that baby 4/5 stars.

0 stars - piss water

1 star - would not pay money for this, may not drink it for free

2 stars - would not seek this out, would drink it in a pinch

3 stars - an average beer, would drink it if available and would happily pay for

4 stars - a beer I would seek out and drink if possible

5 stars - a beer I would go to great ends to get ahold of and would consider world class.

Nearly everything gets a 3 or a 4, but that is largely a selection bias.

Prince of Fatness

Nearly everything gets a 3 or a 4, but that is largely a selection bias.

Yep.  Agree with your rating scale for the most part, mine is a little different.

0 stars - would not pay money for this, would not drink it for free

1 star - would not pay money for this, may drink it for free

2 stars - may pay money for this, definitely would drink it for free.

3 stars - Solid offering that I would have any time and enjoy, but would not necessarily seek out.

4 stars - Very enjoyable. I would have it any time and enjoy, and would seek out.

5 stars - World class, would go to great ends to attain.

I have never given out a 5 but have come close.

Dude, you seriously would give that Mango swill a 2?  That is horrible, a solid 0 on my rating scale.  I have had it once and two thirds of that was poured down the drain.  Never again.  Ever.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yep.  Agree with your rating scale for the most part, mine is a little different.

0 stars - would not pay money for this, would not drink it for free

1 star - would not pay money for this, may drink it for free

2 stars - may pay money for this, definitely would drink it for free.

3 stars - Solid offering that I would have any time and enjoy, but would not necessarily seek out.

4 stars - Very enjoyable. I would have it any time and enjoy, and would seek out.

5 stars - World class, would go to great ends to attain.

I have never given out a 5 but have come close.

Dude, you seriously would give that Mango swill a 2?  That is horrible, a solid 0 on my rating scale.  I have had it once and two thirds of that was poured down the drain.  Never again.  Ever.

I am a cheap bastard, so I approve of the sentiment behind Finn's scale.

Can't say I formalized it that much in my mind.  Most craft beers will rate a 3-4, I do give out 5s but try to be stingy with them.  I few pop to mind which stand out of even that group.  New Glarus Chocolate Stout that DB shared at C-Rs, and Dark Lord, for example.  Most real Belgians would score a 5 in my book, maybe a few stragglers in the 4s.