3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Also had this at the card game.  BA reviews say that it is pretty good, but I guess that the rauchbier style is not my thing.  I have had smoked beer before and liked them, but this one was more like a campfire.

Let us know what you think of Sue when you get it.

WG loves these smoked beers, btw.

Feeling the growl again

As I was re-packing my stash the other night, I saw you left me a Sue.  I will try it and hope I don't get punched in the throat.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

It probably was not the right time for me to try that, given what I had to eat and drink just prior to it.  It did start to grow on me a little as I worked my way through it.  I would like to try another at a different time.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

As I was re-packing my stash the other night,

You should work your way through a couple of those Weyerbachers before the weather changes, especially the Blanche and the Verboten.  The others age better.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

I thought she only drank Jeremiah Weed.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

You should work your way through a couple of those Weyerbachers before the weather changes, especially the Blanche and the Verboten.  The others age better.

I was eyeballing that box long and hard.  I drank at least one of them, but was too busy to post it here.  I will have to look back and see which it was.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Having this with lunch.  Good jazz.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, that one is yum.

Feeling the growl again

Having this with lunch.  Good jazz.

Nice.  I had a Hops Project 66 with lunch.  I like them very cold, apparently.

It almost put me to sleep.  Fortunately, the kids coloring on the carpet with markers woke me up.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bud light. In hand. Rock and roll, baby.
                      obsessor

Bud light. In hand. Rock and roll, baby.

tastes better in your hand than in your mouth. Good choice.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Had this last night.

I bought it along with the other hoppy beers I picked up the other day. I wasn't sure what to expect from it. The label calls it a Black Belgian Double IPA. That's probably a pretty good description. It's like Belgian Strong Ale mixed with an IPA. It says it's a DIPA and although the hops are there it's not overpowering. You get that Belgian dubbel/tripel taste followed by the hops. I enjoyed it, although I'm not really sure the marriage of styles is ideal.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yazoo Hop Project #66

This one seemed to be a lot more cloudy than the first one I had. Lots of hops bitterness. I think I like the Stone IPA better, but still very tasty.

DW says it tastes like grass :-)

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Did a 23-miler today and still likely gained weight...

Weyerbacher Blanche (courtesy Finn).  Gave it a 3/5.  Nice light beer but still on the lighter side.  My tastes are already trending darker.

Weyerbacher Seventeen (courtesy Finn).  Gave it a 4/5.  My wife thought some of the spices were over-powering but given my poor nose, I thought it was a very nice, flavorful beer.

St. Bernardus Tripel (courtesy mbehr).  Gave it a 4/5.  I am a sucker for a good Belgian.  I have been eyeing this for weeks.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yazoo Hop Project #66

This one seemed to be a lot more cloudy than the first one I had. Lots of hops bitterness. I think I like the Stone IPA better, but still very tasty.

DW says it tastes like grass :-)

That Stone and HP66, apples and oranges.

Smile