3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Victory HopDevil. It was OK. I liked the Stone IPA better.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yazoo Dos Perros. Very drinkable.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

http://www.dogfish.com/restaurant/menus/brews-whats-on-tap.htm

Damn that Black IPA sounds good.  I hope that it lasts a little while longer.

That Black IPA was good.  I had several of them.  Galaxy hops, damn.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

501. Peaotch by Terrapin Beer Company
          502. Pikeland Pils by Sly Fox Brewing Company
          503. Boont Amber Ale by Anderson Valley Brewing Company
          504. Peach Porch Lounger (Lips of Faith) by New Belgium Brewing Company
          505. Traditional Dry by Angry Orchard Cider Company
          506. 6 Bridges Cream Ale by Vino's Brew Pub
          507. Lazy Boy Stout by Vino's Brew Pub
          508. Firehouse Pale Ale by Vino's Brew Pub
          509. Hopzilla by Terrapin Beer Company
          510. Oktoberfest by Brooklyn Brewery
          511. Drewcastle by Thunder Brewing Company
          512. Stella Artois by Stella Artois
          513. Sweet Action by Sixpoint Brewery
          514. Perfect Tin Amber by Tin Roof Brewing Co.
          515. Boxcar Pumpkin Porter by Starr Hill Brewing Company
          516. Tweason'ale by Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
          517. Pale Peggy by Peggy Jill Brewery
          518. Samuel Adams Octoberfest by Boston Beer Company
          519. Shiner Oktoberfest by Spoetzl Brewery
          520. Bud Light by Anheuser-Busch
          521. Shiner Bock by Spoetzl Brewery
          522. Dogtoberfest Märzen by Flying Dog Brewery
          523. Harvest Ale by Southern Tier Brewing Company
          524. Old Bay Gose by Flying Dog Brewery
          525. Sobrehumano Palena ‘ole by Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales
          526. Punkin Ale (2012) by Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
          527. Venom by DuClaw Brewing Company
          528. Bare Ass Blonde Ale by DuClaw Brewing Company
          529. Timber Beast by Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company
          530. Hell by Surly Brewing Company
          531. Barbarossa by Christian Moerlein Brewing
          532. Badass American Lager by Michigan Brewing Company
          533. Baba Organic Black Lager by Uinta Brewing Company
          534. Toasted Lager by Blue Point Brewing Company
          535. Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen by Brauerei Aying Franz Inselkammer
          536. Spaten Oktoberfestbier / Oktoberfest Ur-Märzen by Spaten-Löwenbräu-Gruppe
          537. Oktoberfest Märzen by Paulaner Brauerei
          538. Pumpkinfest by Terrapin Beer Company
          539. Blackstone Pumpkin Ale by Blackstone Restaurant & Brewery
          540. Pumpkinhead Ale by Shipyard Brewing Company
          541. Post Road Pumpkin Ale by Brooklyn Brewery
          542. Sweet Stout by Hiker Trash Homebrew
          543. Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale by Stevens Point Brewery
          544. Young's Double Chocolate Stout by Wells & Young’s Brewing Company
          545. Racer 5 IPA® by Bear Republic Brewing Co.
          546. Hop Crisis by 21st Amendment Brewery
          547. Fifth & Vine Oktoberfest by Christian Moerlein Brewing
          548. Oktoberfest by Left Hand Brewing Company
          549. Enjoy By 09.21.12 IPA by Stone Brewing Co.
          550. Hex (Ourtoberfest) by Magic Hat Brewing Company

Prince of Fatness

This is going to be my go to APA recipe.  All 2-row with some of it toasted in the oven.  I have toasted malt for several batches and really like the flavor that it gives me.  I will use this recipe to try different American hops.  The Amarillos were real tasty.  This time I am going with all Citra.  Yum.  Ferment with a US ale yeast.

I took today off from work to get some yard work done after spending the weekend at the beach.  Well, a couple of inches of rain put the kibosh on the yard work, so I figured that I would brew this up since I couldn't do much else.  I must say, a bunch of Citra hops in boiling wort makes the whole house smell wonderful.  Yeast is pitched, everything is cleaned up.

No beer for me today .... I had more than my share over the weekend.  It's amazing how much easier it is to brew beer when you are sober.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hey WhoDat:

A drinkable beer, but the flavor was a bit thin for what I expect from this style.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

I think drinkable and a bit thin describes most of Abita's line. That said, it's hot country beer and that's why it's good.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I think drinkable and a bit thin describes most of Abita's line. That said, it's hot country beer and that's why it's good.

I have to say Turbodog and Amber are very quality beers though.

And there is nothing wrong with drinkable.  There is a time and place for volume.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

drinkable

In hand right now. Drinkable. Tasty too.

Feeling the growl again

In hand right now. Drinkable. Tasty too.

Glad you like it.  Haven't seen it since I bought it and I liked it too.

So the "beer guy" at my beer store was adamantly trying to convince me that due to some tax in Indiana "all of the microbrewers" were "going back to California", including Sun Kind and Three Floyds.  Perhaps it was a ploy to get me to buy one of the two six-packs of Three Floyds they had left (I bought one).  However I know that the founders of those two particular breweries are NOT from CA, so they would not be "going back".  He was pretty worked up about it...I'm sure he'll calm down when they don't go anywhere.

Ostrich runner

I have to say Turbodog and Amber are very quality beers though.

And there is nothing wrong with drinkable.  There is a time and place for volume.

Absolutely. Turbodog is one of those beers that really steps it off on tap too. For darker beers, they're great sitting outside on a hot night.

Ostrich runner

Glad you like it.  Haven't seen it since I bought it and I liked it too.

So the "beer guy" at my beer store was adamantly trying to convince me that due to some tax in Indiana "all of the microbrewers" were "going back to California", including Sun Kind and Three Floyds.  Perhaps it was a ploy to get me to buy one of the two six-packs of Three Floyds they had left (I bought one).  However I know that the founders of those two particular breweries are NOT from CA, so they would not be "going back".  He was pretty worked up about it...I'm sure he'll calm down when they don't go anywhere.

Now...I could see a new tax making it so that the CA ones would be less likely to sell here, but the locals aren't going anywhere. I'm a little surprised the locals don't market Sunday off sales more heavily than they do.

Feeling the growl again

Now...I could see a new tax making it so that the CA ones would be less likely to sell here, but the locals aren't going anywhere. I'm a little surprised the locals don't market Sunday off sales more heavily than they do.

This was the same "beer guy" that was like a deer-in-the-headlights when I asked him if they had any chocolate stouts in stock (this was what my wife sent me there for, I left with one bottle of chocolate stout in an $87 tab....damn fall beer influx!).  He started calling into the back room asking if they had any "chocolate beer".

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Google and Google News revealed NOTHING about a new Indy beer tax. I follow Upland's tweets, and they have said nothing.

Dude is mistaken, methinks.

Feeling the growl again

Google and Google News revealed NOTHING about a new Indy beer tax. I follow Upland's tweets, and they have said nothing.

Dude is mistaken, methinks.

Yep.  I checked 3 Floyds' site and there was a section called "rumors and myths" which more or less indicated that there is a constant (false) rumor that they are fleeing to XYZ state.

"Beer guy" did not strike me as a Beer Guy.