3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

#artbydmcbride

219.9 miles   Cool

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So the best tactic is to take April off, and then build slowly up from there, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

So the best tactic is to take April off, and then build slowly up from there, right?

Been there done that...and it depends what your goal is.  Wink

It reminds me of that Russian pole vaulter....Stacy Dragila's nemesis from a decade ago...who used to break the WR an inch at a time because that way she maximized her bonuses.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

As of today, we've had 100 days in 2013.  Easy to calculate your average daily miles ...I'm at 997 miles so, wow, holding onto that 10mile/day goal.  So far so good.

Feeling the growl again

As of today, we've had 100 days in 2013.  Easy to calculate your average daily miles ...I'm at 997 miles so, wow, holding onto that 10mile/day goal.  So far so good.

Heh.  I refuse to cluck on the YTD page anymore.

I will say that my week-to-week totals have a nice, consistent pattern to them.  I think I can start to accelerate it somewhat.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I think I can start to accelerate it somewhat.

Accelerate it to what?  You just knocked out a mid-21 4 mi tempo and you say youncaam start accelerating it somewhat?  You're not human.

...I feel like dying right now.

Accelerate it to what?  You just knocked out a mid-21 4 mi tempo and you say youncaam start accelerating it somewhat?  You're not human.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Feeling the growl again

Treadmill run.  I was ~1min faster on the same treadmill pre-injury for the same workout.  Let's see what I run outdoors before we anoint me super-human.  Wink

April - 216  still alive and kicking

kcam

Treadmill run.  I was ~1min faster on the same treadmill pre-injury for the same workout.  Let's see what I run outdoors before we anoint me super-human.  Wink

You may want to be careful with the treadmill if you are having hip problems.  First off, I know nothing about the issues involved but I was perusing LR (yeah, I know what an idiot) for discussion on the Peyton-Jordan meet and came across some stuff about labral tears and the treadmill.  Apparrently the treadmill is a big no-no for those coming off the labral tear surgery because of the way the impact forces are applied to the hip.  Different, and I guess worse, on the treadmill.  Might apply to anyone with hip issues?  This is just an FYI to you - you probably already know a ton more about this than I do.  Get better.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

172.1   Not the greatest month.

Now, on to next month!

steph  

191,642.0 m for rowing (119.1 miles)  and 72.5 miles for running. Can't complain

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Squeaked in again.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

241.  Better than February, sure, but not great.  Recovering from the half marathon and the 50K took more out of me than I expected.

Oh well.  On to May.  It's doubling weather....once my legs start acting normal again.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

100.7 miles. It took everything I had to type that pathetic number.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life