3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Ostrich runner

Are all you peeps coming to Sunking and Upland around lunchtime this week on Friday?

They aren't close to each other...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(Upland has an Indy tasting room, not 5 miles from Sunking)

Ostrich runner

In that case, yes. If things go on time, I'll be done around 12:30.

C-R

(Upland has an Indy tasting room, not 5 miles from Sunking)

Good thing someone sent you a map. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Judge called today and I won the cases without a hearing, so I'm now pretty free. 

Feeling the growl again

Judge called today and I won the cases without a hearing, so I'm now pretty free. 

Awesome!

We still have a Sole treadmill to give a Viking funeral....but with MrFinn showing up early, there may be too much beer flowing earlier in the day for that...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Unfortunately, I just meant about Friday. The beer mile is still a gametime decision. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

C-R

Unfortunately, I just meant about Friday. The beer mile is still a gametime decision. 

FFS just get in the game. Work is over rated.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Awesome!

We still have a Sole treadmill to give a Viking funeral....but with MrFinn showing up early, there will absolutely be too much beer flowing earlier in the day for that...

Fixed.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Fixed.

Agreed.  Big grin

Sorry beef, I should had known what you were talking about.  I need some sleep.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Two weeks from Saturday.  Yikes.  I better start practicing chugging beer.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Well crap.  When Trent, beef and I were at Sun King ~2 weeks ago they said "don't buy a keg now for mid-July, just come pick one up a couple days before.  We'll always have that kind in stock."  Well, I'm not that trusting and they are closed for a week+ after the 4th so I went in today.  No kegs in stock, have not had any since basically the day we were in there, and she said "call ahead later in the week, but we may not have any then either and I can't tell you when we would."

Looks like Flat 12 will be getting some business soon.

Trent or beef, if you want to give a ranked list of what I should try to get from Flat 12 let me know ASAP.

Prince of Fatness

Checking taproom availability (not sure about kegs), either of the first two would go well on a hot summer day,  The third probably not but I am intrigued by it.

MTA:  Thinking about this more, one of the Yazoo Hop Project beers that Trent sent to me (#63 I think) had all Galaxy hops and it was delicious.  The Walkabout is just a pale so not as hoppy but I bet that it is good.  That one gets my vote.

Walkabout Pale Ale
                            Walkabout Pale Ale

A single hop pale ale featuring Galaxy hops from Australia.

Pours a nice orange/copper color. Moderate malt. The passionfruit aroma and flavor of this brew quickly made it a fan favorite.

• abv: 5.3%
                            • ibu: 40

Upside Down Blonde
                            upsideDwnBlondF12puck

Don’t let the light color fool you, this beer has complex flavor. The “Upside Down Blonde” is a hybrid style pilsner/wheat-based beer that delivers a full body, and slight citrus notes and aroma from traditional Noble hops. Balanced and easy to drink, this Upside Down Blonde will be the most level headed decision that you make all day.

• ibu: 23.1
                            • abv: 5.4%

Tangerine Porter
                            seasonalF12puck

THE BLACK, WHITE BEER!

-Coriander, tangerine and orange peel, like a Wit.

-Chocolate and citrus come together in this refreshing Summertime Porter.

• abv: 5.5%
                            • ibu: 34.1

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I would vote for the Upside Down Blonde over the Walkabout Pale Ale, but that Tangerine Porter sure is intriguing.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.