3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Kalsarikännit

In!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

In!

Uh oh.  Now I am really worried about getting chicked.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Checking taproom availability (not sure about kegs), either of the first two would go well on a hot summer day,  The third probably not but I am intrigued by it.

MTA:  Thinking about this more, one of the Yazoo Hop Project beers that Trent sent to me (#63 I think) had all Galaxy hops and it was delicious.  The Walkabout is just a pale so not as hoppy but I bet that it is good.  That one gets my vote.

Walkabout Pale Ale

A single hop pale ale featuring Galaxy hops from Australia.

Pours a nice orange/copper color. Moderate malt. The passionfruit aroma and flavor of this brew quickly made it a fan favorite.

• abv: 5.3%
        • ibu: 40

upsideDwnBlondF12puck

Don’t let the light color fool you, this beer has complex flavor. The “Upside Down Blonde” is a hybrid style pilsner/wheat-based beer that delivers a full body, and slight citrus notes and aroma from traditional Noble hops. Balanced and easy to drink, this Upside Down Blonde will be the most level headed decision that you make all day.

• ibu: 23.1
        • abv: 5.4%

seasonalF12puck

THE BLACK, WHITE BEER!

-Coriander, tangerine and orange peel, like a Wit.

-Chocolate and citrus come together in this refreshing Summertime Porter.

• abv: 5.5%
        • ibu: 34.1

Finn, you have good taste from afar.  The Walkabout was so memorable that it is the only one I could remember off the top of my head.

Have to be careful on the pale ales.  Trent could chime in, but whatever the lightest one they had us taste was, was the only one not worth trying again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Kalsarikännit

Better be worried, Spudly!  I'm gunning for you.  Wink

I'm pondering my race beer options...

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Don't worry. With me there you at least won't have to worry about being DFL.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

i vote for Walkabout. It was goooood.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will have to review my tasting notes. I will get back to you. lots of awesome stuff there.

Prince of Fatness

I'm pondering my race beer options...

I said this before but now it is official.  My race beer will be Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils.  It comes in cans so Spaniel won't have to worry about me breaking any bottles (at least not during the beer mile).  My beer store sells it in 12 packs so now I just need to remember to go buy it and bring it along with me.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I will have to review my tasting notes. I will get back to you. lots of awesome stuff there.

Dude, forget your tasting notes.  Galaxy hops ... Walkabout.  This is the problem with drinking 500 different beers over a couple of months ... you don't remember them.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Dude, forget your tasting notes.  Galaxy hops ... Walkabout.  This is the problem with drinking 500 different beers over a couple of months ... you don't remember them.

I will call them this afternoon and see if it is possible to get it.

I'm not about to read 12 pages to find this:

When is this going to happen?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I'm not about to read 12 pages to find this:

When is this going to happen?

Saturday July 14th, 3:30-4:00pm.  Near Indy.  You in?

July 14th will be the first triathlon of the season for me. I'll have to wait for the race report and pics.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

July 14th will be the first triathlon of the season for me. I'll have to wait for the race report and pics.

I have a pond.... Big grin