3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

A  Beer Tri. That would truly be Jackass worthy. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

A  Beer Tri. That would truly be Jackass worthy. Big grin

Well, if Jackass worthy is what you are after, we could eliminate the bike (no good place for that anyways).  The third sport could utilize the firing range, which is conveniently located with the track and pond... Wink

Somehow I think the consumption of beer rules out water & weapons....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm not about to read 12 pages to find this:

When is this going to happen?

Hey Span, please update the OP with the logistical info, including time for those of us with weak brains...

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

For the Ironmen.

I have a friend in Chicago that is working with a brewery in Cleveland to make something kinda like the Tut beer. I take some credit for the idea behind it. He is a UC based Mesopotamian archaeologist with some knowledge of the old brewing recipes. Beyond that, I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but I'll keep the board posted.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Hey Span, please update the OP with the logistical info, including time for those of us with weak brains...

Done.  You should have received a PM a week or so ago with all details as well (address etc).  Let me know if you didn't.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, if Jackass worthy is what you are after, we could eliminate the bike (no good place for that anyways).  The third sport could utilize the firing range, which is conveniently located with the track and pond... Wink

Somehow I think the consumption of beer rules out water & weapons....

As amusing as that would be, I think it best if everyone go home with all their body parts. Well, maybe minus a few brains cells. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Spaniel & C-R, where are you finding decent stuff in cans? The two places near here only have stuff like Bud and Coors in cans.

A couple of beers that I'd like to use also look to be a little less than 5% ABV. Anywhere from 4.5% to 4.7%. How strict are we going to be about the 5% rule?

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel & C-R, where are you finding decent stuff in cans? The two places near here only have stuff like Bud and Coors in cans.

A couple of beers that I'd like to use also look to be a little less than 5% ABV. Anywhere from 4.5% to 4.7%. How strict are we going to be about the 5% rule?

I got the stuff I'm using (see beer thread, I think it's Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale) at the Kahn's downtown.  Cans.  I don't have extras left for you to taste in advance, but I could get down there and pick you up some if needed.

As for the 5% rule, I'm not DQing people, you're only cheating yourself.  Wink  If you plan on placing in the Top 3 and making the podium you may want to make sure you are over 5% so you don't get razzed.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If you plan on placing in the Top 3 and making the podium

I'm safe then. Wink

Prince of Fatness

How strict are we going to be about the 5% rule?

I will only berate you if you cheat and finish ahead of me.  Otherwise, don't worry about it.

The Oskar Blues pils that I am using is 5.3% ... don't know if you can get that out there.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Done.  You should have received a PM a week or so ago with all details as well (address etc).  Let me know if you didn't.

I am so crazy popular that the PM I received is now buried on page 4 or 5.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'll have to take a trip out to one of the Kahn's this weekend and see what they have available in cans.

I'm a little reluctant to trust your judgment after that MGD swill last year. Big grin

Feeling the growl again

I am so crazy popular that the PM I received is now buried on page 4 or 5.

I resent it just now.  Get it while it's hot.

Feeling the growl again

I'm a little reluctant to trust your judgment after that MGD swill last year. Big grin

Booooo....

That' because I faced the same problem you're having now.  And yes, that was swill of the highest order.

If you're going to the effort of going to Kahn's, go to the one in Carmel.  I was not all that impressed with downtown, I think they catered too much to the downtown swill-guzzling crowd.  I mean they had some unique stuff but not in the order of what I saw the once in Carmel.