3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

Slo

Good luck and heal up MT

I think this little challange caught up with me today. I've got an early Feb goal race coming up and wanted to start introducing a little quaility instead of just slogging along.

Last nights #2 run ended with a set of 4 striders with this morning run to follow with a 10 miler and a 4-5 mile tempo sandwhiched in. I got the first mile of the tempo in...7:45, about 15 - 20 secs off target and bagged it. The tempo, still got 10 but it felt like shit.

Just complaining, I'll be alright.

xhristopher

MT, Looks like you've had a good year so hope everything is figured out and put back in order quickly so you are ready to have another. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm trying to get 10+ in each day, and I seem to be feeling tired or sore a fair amount too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

I'm trying to get 10+ in each day, and I seem to be feeling tired or sore a fair amount too.

The beatings will continue until fitness improves.

For me, periods of kicking ass were always preceeded by bouts of training that left me sore and tired.  The trick was to get enough rest to kick ass and not overtrain.

Which is why I will never repeat Dec 2011.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The beatings will continue until fitness improves.

Very nice Smile

C-R

Damn It mbehr.

Oh and you too xristopher.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Damn It mbehr.

Oh and you too xristopher.

Don't worry.  I'm here for you.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Don't worry.  I'm here for you.

Awkward for the Hurtlocker spud man. But it's all good.

Trying to stay in the top 50 but I can see the 2k finish line from here. Hope its not a garrote. 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Slo

The trick was to get enough rest to kick ass and not overtrain.

I kinda like being in a spot where I can call a six mile run a rest day.

Thanks to the weather that rolled thru the midwest I may have back to back "rest" days. Tonights run may merely be a run to keep the streak going...then I'll be playing catch up again.

Feeling the growl again

Whether it was bound to happen or the 33-miler brought it on, I caught my daughter's bronchitis.  The short little jog I logged last night was literally all I could safely stay on the machine for.  I was pretty wiped this morning too, got a bit dizzy on the 1.5 mile run back from the mechanic to drop off the wife's car.  I seem to be getting a second wind though so maybe I should go try some light running before the moment is lost.

This is going to make tomorrow's race all kinds of fun.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Whether it was bound to happen or the 33-miler brought it on, I caught my daughter's bronchitis.  The short little jog I logged last night was literally all I could safely stay on the machine for.  I was pretty wiped this morning too, got a bit dizzy on the 1.5 mile run back from the mechanic to drop off the wife's car.  I seem to be getting a second wind though so maybe I should go try some light running before the moment is lost.

This is going to make tomorrow's race all kinds of fun.

That sucks.

Well look at it this way. If you do fall tomorrow either me or WhoDat can carry you to the finish line as we will be well behind your pace.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

week: 91
                          MTD: 257

Week: 62.2 (biggest in a while, mainly because I decided to head out for a bonus 4 this afternoon for no apparent reason).
                            Month to date: 195.2
                            Year: 2399.7 (now wishing I'd run 0.3 more this afternoon)

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hmm.  22.2  

steph  

xhristopher

Week: 51

MTD: 196

Already my highest mileage month of the year. Yeah, I'm usually a slacker.