3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

Ok CR. get of your a$$ and go run. You're falling behind and running out of time. Just to help you along, I got in ~15 mi in 20 deg weather with a slight win and decent hills in WI.  Your turn!  I'm on to enjoying the fine favors of WI.....beer and cheese.

Damn It mbehr.

Oh and you too xristopher.

Feeling the growl again

Ok CR. get of your a$$ and go run. You're falling behind and running out of time. Just to help you along, I got in ~15 mi in 20 deg weather with a slight win and decent hills in WI.  Your turn!  I'm on to enjoying the fine favors of WI.....beer and cheese.

Damn.  I hope that rented mule has a tough hide.

Being sick broke my streak and already cost me ~40 planned miles....400 is subsequently a real long shot at this point.  But my real goal will be reached days early, I'm going to try to suck it up and hit the treadmill in a couple hours despite the cough and fatigue.  I have time to pass out later.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

80 for the week and 239 MTD.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oops.  Sorry.

Make that 24.5  for the week and  157.7  month.

steph  

#artbydmcbride

46.6 for this week

Runners run

C-R

63.9 for me this week. Meh

Trying to keep mbehr in sight.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

66.5 miles for the week, 260.75 month-to-date.  Of course my last real day of running was Wednesday due to this damn bronchitis.

300 is a given, I will squash my best month of the year.  But 400 is a pipe dream.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

an amazing likeness

I'm broken. Haven't run in 8 days and counting. 2012 is definitely yours.  I'm not even on page 1 any more.

MRI yesterday. Two of 3 hamsting muscie groups have partial tears and grade 2 strains. Dr wants 1 more week of no activity, and if no improvement will impose full (hip to ankle) leg brace top stop any hamsting extension..  At least I have one on hand from Buick encouner in fall of 2009.

There's a certain loneliness to being a runner, you're on your own.

Listen, this is the hurtlocker...and I'm nothing more than an early 50s jogger. But fuck, I take it more serious than some and now they're telling me it may be all done.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Damn MT. Hope there's no need for the brace. Heal up/

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

an amazing likeness

I thought the broken neck back in Oct 2009 would be the end of me....having no feeling in my arms and hands was feakin' scarey like you can't believe. And then back to running and the neck was a problem, arms would get numb on long runs. I was sure I was done. Never told my wife much about that. Now knee/leg Dr is saying it may be time to look for new alternatives to running. I'm in a deep hole.

Thanks for listening. That's the only purpose for the post.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well crap!    Sorry, MT.

steph  

C-R

Now knee/leg Dr is saying it may be time to look for new alternatives to running. I'm in a deep hole.

The annals of sports is littered with people proving doctors wrong and second opinions are always needed.

xhristopher

The annals of sports is littered with people proving doctors wrong and second opinions are always needed.

My thoughts exactly. This is just a couple weeks old. Take your rest, heal, then assess the situation.

Feeling the growl again

+1.  How much do you trust this doc's opinion about such things?  I'm no expert but simple muscle tears/strains sound like things that need time to heal, not sport-ending injuries.  Chin up, buddy.  You've been through worse than most of us.

Slo

MT...I've got to echo what others have said. Hang in there and keep a positive outlook.  Wishing you the best!

300...59 miles for the week, 214 mile MTD. Yesterdays long run was an epic fail and has put me 8.25 miles behind. Uff Dah