3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

Feeling the growl again

Okay, pulling up my big girl panties.  Delirium   In for 24 hours  70 - 80 miles.

I'm seeing you post 24hr and 100mile races.....perhaps I need a pair of big girl panties... Clown

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm seeing you post 24hr and 100mile races.....perhaps I need a pair of big girl panties... Clown

Ha-Ha.  Now that is funny.

steph  

Okay, pulling up my big girl panties.  Delirium   In for 24 hours  70 - 80 miles.

Nice!

2/2 - John Dick Crusty 50K - 4:15.

This is really a swag as they will decide the trail the course is run on a couple days before the race.  Really I just hope to execute well on the pacing when racing on tired legs.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

2/2 Groundhog 7 Zionsville IN 48:30 

Think he'll show up on the right day?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Think he'll show up on the right day?

Oh FFS. Hah. I planned on running it twice.

Oh and add 500 5K on 2/9. I'm running it with my son and he wants a sub 22. At this rate I may only have a year or two left of beating him unless I pull a Costa and hip check him. Damn fun to see the boy take to running like that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Oh FFS. Hah. I planned on running it twice.

Oh and add 500 5K on 2/9. I'm running it with my son and he wants a sub 22. At this rate I may only have a year or two left of beating him unless I pull a Costa and hip check him. Damn fun to see the boy take to running like that.

Hip check?  No, you need to get him in football for a year so he can learn to bearhug tackle.

Very nice.  Forgot about the 5K, I'll have to see what is going on that weekend.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Hip check?  No, you need to get him in football for a year so he can learn to bearhug tackle.

Very nice.  Forgot about the 5K, I'll have to see what is going on that weekend.

Hah. Get the racing flats and come out. P would love it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

Milktruck

Feb 24, 2013

Hyannis Half Marathon

Hyannis, MA

goal: sub 1:41

I like halfs so I'm going to join MT down in Hyannis and run another half. No real goal yet, just want to run a race and make a nice workout out of it ... so something under 1:25.

The calm before the storm....

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

J-L-C

Feb. 24 Miryang 5k.  Miryang, Korea. Goal: win and/or <16:35.

Chilly 5k - goal 19:39

First race since October 2011 (wow it's been that long) Minor set-back at the end of December but came through it and am ready to start workouts now. Not really expecting much but man am I looking forward to hurting, it been too long.

Feeling the growl again

Chilly 5k - goal 19:39

First race since October 2011 (wow it's been that long) Minor set-back at the end of December but came through it and am ready to start workouts now. Not really expecting much but man am I looking forward to hurting, it been too long.

Glad to see you back in the saddle.  On what date is this?

The calm before the storm....

Seriously. A whole lotta fast happening the next two days. Good luck all.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Wife and/or babysitter willing ...

2/9 -- CliveF -- Cupid's Cup 5k (Charlotte NC) -- Goal = 19:15 (~10sec PR)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau