3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

I look my best blurry!

Did not check my watch until I hit the mile in 5:39, faster than I thought it would be, so I just tried to speed up a bit as I went...5:36-5:35-5:30.  Not a bad place to restart from.

I'll say!

Nice result Candice - especially if you weren't really up for it.

Good stuff Spaniel - a very good starting point indeed. 

Nice running Candice, as Mandy said, even more so if you weren't even up for it.

Good work too Spaniel, that really is a great starting point.  I hope the fatigue issues stop soon.

I don't think it counts as a workout.  However I did have a good long run (for me) this morning (I keep running faster than planned though which may not be ideal), and I think I even did something that resembled a tempo run during my trail run on Friday.  I really need to work out what I'm doing at some point.  I just keep running, but I still don't have any real goals, no races entered, no races run since May 2010. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Non ducor, duco.

I just meant that its lame my PR was 19:31 before this. So 5 seconds I guess.

I do appreciate the PR. I felt good today and went with it. I was not expecting to feel like that, which is why I wasn't going to race. I felt rough yesterday on my run.

A PR is a PR. It simply means you are on the right track! 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

crap crap crappity crap crap

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

something happen??

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just crappy running yesterday. The week started out good and I was hoping for a good 8 miles to finish it off. First attempt went 2.5 miles and was interrupted by a text message, then just couldn't get back into it so I aborted. Tried again later in the day and gave up after 5 miles. Blah.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

A PR is a PR. It simply means you are on the right track! 

Yea Smile

Ostrich runner

I have apparently been ejected from the swamp. Guess I'm too badass. Made up some miles over the last week...lets see if I can be ready for 8 hours by 8/13.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

My running in June summed up above.

Running on 90 degree days is not my idea of fun.

DoppleBock

I was also kicked out ...

Happy to get in 3 wakeboard runs on Sunday - I think I finally found the sweet spot with our boat - 50 feet, it has a really nice firm wake with a nice angle - A couple of times I ended up suprised at being way high.  I haven't boarded much in a few years and I am not really that good - But its fun to fly.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Not a bad 1st week post marathon - 100 on the nuts with 1 half ass hill workout and 1 half ass speed workout.  Fell off the wagon already with 7 crappy miller lights boating on Sunday.  We will play for 3 hours in the morning and then end up on a series of sandbars off shore and enjoy playing for 3 hours.  We were the 3rd boat there - By the time we left I had to hand push the boat through a maze of boats as there were 300-400 boats around us.

It would be perfect - but Lake Winnebago is already starting to have a fair amount of algy - Not so much pea grean as floating black chuncks.  Just need a good shower after.

I have apparently been ejected from the swamp. Guess I'm too badass. Made up some miles over the last week...lets see if I can be ready for 8 hours by 8/13.

Everyone was. It was supposed to be funny. Just re-join.

Ostrich runner

I was also kicked out ...

You have to keep up the miles or you get punished.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

I thought 100 was pretty good for 1st week post marathon

I think I made a smart ass comment about wasting your time in the swamp when you should be out running - No swamp will save me 10 minutes a day ...