3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

How do you make upside down exclamation marks?

I stole it from the Internet. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Carl A

¡While holding down the alt key, type 0161!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Prince of Fatness

¡While holding down the alt key, type 0161!

Or just press the little Ω icon next to the smiley and you will find it in the table, 3rd row, 2nd character in.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo puɐʇs ʇsnɾ

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo puɐʇs ʇsnɾ

Geeks....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The alt key thing did NOT work...it popped up some "accessibility tips" box.

Carl A

Weird.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Ostrich runner

I got in a couple 4 mile trail runs this week so far. I may or may not do an easy 3 or 4 tomorrow. I just picked up a new hammock, so I'll probably sleep in the woods pretty close to the start. Probably Friday night I'll walk the 3 mile loop while getting my ETOH/Carbo load on. Other than that, I decided against having race plans.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I don't know if qualifies as a workout for this group, but had a semi decent 10 X 400 in 1:35-1:38 (which I think is my mile pace so I guess a bit too fast) in 90 degree weather last evening.  Got tired of slogging it day after day in the heat, decided to go the track to see if I could still run.  Similar track workout back in May in much cooler weather felt harder.  

Ostrich runner

Yes. 10 x 400 is a workout.

No it isn't. But 12 x 400 is.

Wink

Ostrich runner

I learned a few things along the way and maybe implemented some others I learned in previous bonks. Hydrating and fueling were much better, although I should have forced down more calories over the last couple hours. I paid attention to the heart rate drift that comes with dehydration and did what I needed to in order to keep it down. I learned that in no circumstances ever should hand sanitizer be applied to a chafed ass. I guess it might have helped if I was still racing, then I could run forward like a cartoon character with his ass on fire. I'm excited to see what I can do next year while actually in shape.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I learned that in no circumstances ever should hand sanitizer be applied to a chafed ass.

This is valuable information.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Seanv2

Just did my first ever track work out. The classic 12 x 400. Ran em in around 1:35 each with 90 second rest. By the end I was definitely hurting aerobically, but it was legs that were giving me real trouble. I just couldn't turn em over fast enough. Still, pretty fun.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

Just did my first ever track work out. The classic 12 x 400. Ran em in around 1:35 each with 90 second rest. By the end I was definitely hurting aerobically, but it was legs that were giving me real trouble. I just couldn't turn em over fast enough. Still, pretty fun.

Good thing you did 12 and not 10, because Candice would have laughed at you.

Turnover comes with time.  I always feel retarded the first 2-3 weeks returning to track work.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills