3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

I did a triple brick today.  40 mile bike/20 min run; 30 mile bike/20 min run; 30 mile bike/20 min run.  100 miles total on the bike at an avg speed of just over 20 mph, and 6.75 miles running with the last leg at an 8:30 pace...about 90 degrees.  

But then I thought about the guys doing Leadville.  Still for a normal guy like me this was a good workout.

Feeling the growl again

I did a triple brick today.  40 mile bike/20 min run; 30 mile bike/20 min run; 30 mile bike/20 min run.  100 miles total on the bike at an avg speed of just over 20 mph, and 6.75 miles running with the last leg at an 8:30 pace...about 90 degrees.  

But then I thought about the guys doing Leadville.  Still for a normal guy like me this was a good workout.

You know, I always thought I was half-assed decent on a bike for a runner, but averaging 20mph for 100 miles.....damn.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

How do you explain yourself as a "normal guy" after doing a triple brick?  That's a hell of day TonyP.  Nice job!

You know, I always thought I was half-assed decent on a bike for a runner, but averaging 20mph for 100 miles.....damn.

Thanks Spaniel! I'm in unknown territory now, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with a long swim before and a marathon after...but we'll see.

How do you explain yourself as a "normal guy" after doing a triple brick?  That's a hell of day TonyP.  Nice job!

Thanks mbehr! 

Thanks Spaniel! I'm in unknown territory now, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with a long swim before and a marathon after...but we'll see.

So you're planning an Ironman soon??

Feeling the growl again

Well, I wouldn't say I had any "good workouts" last week.  I did try to pick it up at the end of my long run but it was already getting hot and humid despite the early hour and the wheels just weren't there so I idled back again.

However, I consider the whole week as a "good workout".  92 miles, 11 runs, 0 days off.  Almost as many miles as I've taken 3 weeks to run lately.  The weather has not improved much so some of these were hard won.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I've not had so much as a twinge out of the PF in almost a week.  Nada.  I'm wondering if that has been a side benefit of the prednisone I am on for the rash, reducing the inflammation??

I've got 3 weeks until the Chicago HM.  I'm way too fat...158 lbs last I was on the scale, 10lbs too heavy...but if I can keep this up I'm still hoping for sub-1:17.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

A moral victory yesterday I suppose.  I went out for my 2 hour run, and thought about dropping the pace down for 15 minutes toward the run.  Problem was that it was like soup out there.  20 minutes in I was already drenched in sweat.  The humidity was taking its toll and I considered skipping the faster paced stuff.  Plus, my leg was giving me indications that it might go numb.  Finally at 1:40 I thought WTF and picked it for 10 minutes without incident.  Only about a minute per mile faster but it was something at least.

Not at it at all. 

So you're planning an Ironman soon??

Yes, October 29. Beach to Battleship.

However, I consider the whole week as a "good workout".  92 miles, 11 runs, 0 days off.  Almost as many miles as I've taken 3 weeks to run lately.  The weather has not improved much so some of these were hard won.

Nice job Spaniel, a good WEEK is better than a good workout.

A moral victory yesterday I suppose.  I went out for my 2 hour run, and thought about dropping the pace down for 15 minutes toward the run.  Problem was that it was like soup out there.  20 minutes in I was already drenched in sweat.  The humidity was taking its toll and I considered skipping the faster paced stuff.  Plus, my leg was giving me indications that it might go numb.  Finally at 1:40 I thought WTF and picked it for 10 minutes without incident.  Only about a minute per mile faster but it was something at least.

Nice job MrPH!  Moral victories keep me going.  The good thing about running in the heat/humidity is... when it cools off you know you're going to be faster.

Ostrich runner

prednisone I am on 

I'm way too fat...

Probably 5 of those will take care of themselves.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Seanv2

5 x 1200 at 5k pace tonight. My 5k pace is a 7:05, but I did these reasonably comfortably at 7:00. Maybe I'm faster than I thought?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

5 x 1200 at 5k pace tonight. My 5k pace is a 7:05, but I did these reasonably comfortably at 7:00. Maybe I'm faster than I thought?

How much recovery?

Seanv2

How much recovery?

Two minutes, which seemed like a lot.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com