3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks for the feedback. She did it (tried it) because she has been working through that plan, and it's on the plan.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Prince of Fatness

I'm starting to like these fartleks.  I'm really trying to wing these things and get some good variety in the pacing.  I just pick an object and run to it, then run easy until I feel like picking it up again.  I've been finishing these with a few shorter quicker bursts.  No tingling in the leg this time, either.

Not at it at all. 

I had a good workout today. 6 x Mile repeats...aiming at 6:40s...

6:39, 6:40, 6:37, 6:39, 6:40, 6:38

Next week I gotta do 4 x 1.5 at 6:40...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like informal fartleks with picking objects on the fly, too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Biggest training week ever... 170 miles biking, 32.6 miles running, 4 miles swimming.  

For the last 8 days, 270 miles biking, 37.3 miles running, 4 miles swimming.  And I did my first "Trainer Century".

Nice work Tony (although you might have to explain a trainer century?)

I had a big running week last week - basically matching my biggest week ever, and certainly biggest in the last year.  Starting the buildup for New York (yes we're now definitely going!!)  8 weeks left.

Trainer century = 100 miles on a bike trainer

Trainer century = 100 miles on a bike trainer

Well thats stupid.  Nice work Tony except that bit!!!

C-R

.  And I did my first "Trainer Century".

Rollers or rear wheel brace? Either way that's ballsy. Well done.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Either way that's ballsy. Well done.

ok - that too.
                      C-R

So I guess I can say I had a good workout yesterday. Ran XC for 6 miles (8:30s) and didn't think much of it until I got up today and felt some soreness in the muscles. Now that's a good feeling.

Can't wait to do it again.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

So I guess I can say I had a good workout yesterday. Ran XC for 6 miles (8:30s) and didn't think much of it until I got up today and felt some soreness in the muscles. Now that's a good feeling.

Like.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Smile

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm starting to like these fartleks.  I'm really trying to wing these things and get some good variety in the pacing.  I just pick an object and run to it, then run easy until I feel like picking it up again.  I've been finishing these with a few shorter quicker bursts.  No tingling in the leg this time, either.

In the spirit of you trying out something different, I gave it a go at a longer fartlek effort last night.  Turned out to be pretty decent.  Did the recommended Spaniel effort of 10/8/6/4/2 with 1/2 recovery.  ON pace was 5:35-5:40 and OFF was around a 7-7:30.  The OFF portion was slower than what he would do but oh well.  It was still a good workout.

Almost made last week a really good week.  Had 70 miles on 6 runs with 2 days off.  Didn't plan to have the off days but that's the way life is sometimes.  Trying to make this the last solid week before marathon taper.  We see how things go.

I had a big running week last week - basically matching my biggest week ever, and certainly biggest in the last year.  Starting the buildup for New York (yes we're now definitely going!!)  8 weeks left.

Thanks Mandy! Good job to you too... New York should be fun!