3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

I just need to avoid log envy

I think Freud could be of some help with that, but IIRC he said it was an inevitable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Sometimes a log is just a log.

I had a good "workout" today! 6,000 meters on the ROWER!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

A log is never just a log.  Is it?

Nice workout Pam.  Can't believe how quickly you're back being hardcore.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

A log is never just a log.  Is it?

Nice workout Pam.  Can't believe how quickly you're back being hardcore.

yes a log is NEVER just a log Wink

Thanks Sarah! I'm finding myself having thoughts about getting back on the rower tonight but I'm going to have to break out the hardcore patience since it's not how I feel now it's how I feel tomorrow that matters. Of course if I have sore legs/butt that won't stop me from doing another half hour or 45 minutes again

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

I had a good "workout" today! 6,000 meters on the ROWER!

What's with the quotations?  You just had your damn throat cut open and you're pounding out the distance again while I'm sitting on the couch drinking beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I struggle with envy sometimes - was happy to run 5mi w/u then 10mi at target MP pace last night - but when I think about a running colleague who I could beat two years ago, and who now can run 16+ miles going 30s/mi faster than I did last night (for 10mi), I struggle with envy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

What's with the quotations?  You just had your damn throat cut open and you're pounding out the distance again while I'm sitting on the couch drinking beer.

I guess because I'm in recovery and all I can do is easy stuff. Hard for me to accept it as a true workout however I am pretty proud that I was able to go 6000 meters at one shot. I expected less. And as far as you sitting on the couch drinking beer? Well you've earned that right!

Nah, I still think that is a workout because you are in recovery.  You could be sitting on you ass drinking beer (Wink) and recovering by doing nothing.  Instead you're working out and you're adding stressors to your recovery process...it is a workout...but I suspect it is something that will enhance your recovery rather than hinder it.  You should be proud of how much you did.  We'll shout if we think you're overdoing it though...and I will spank you in person when we meet in April!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

You could be sitting on you ass drinking beer (Wink

Disapprove

Thanks, I needed that.

Ooops

You're ill though....aren't you?

I struggle using the word ass still, I have an image of you sitting on a donkey as you drink.  Arse is easier.

Feeling the growl again

Ooops

You're ill though....aren't you?

No such excuse today, resting yesterday seems to have helped.  But it was unseasonably warm/sunny today so I prioritized getting my kids outside for some good daddy time over running in the great weather.

So when at least one gets to sleep I need to get the gumption to get on my broken ass treadmill, cross my fingers that the deck does not collapse beneath me, and pound out some miles.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

But it was unseasonably warm/sunny today so I prioritized getting my kids outside for some good daddy time over running in the great weather. 

A+ Good for you!

steph  

In that case no need for guilt.  Yet Wink